Exhaust Fitment, 2016 to 2017 Models

One hung low

Hi,
Having a little difficulty establishing if earlier(>2016) aftermarket pipes will fit the 2017 RC390. Have been looking into Arrow Thunder and the twin under seat Yoshi systems without much success. Can anyone confirm if these or any other pipes fit from the earlier models. Want to get rid of the cat as well.
cheers One

CDN Duke

Country flag
All the photos and videos I've seen appear to show a slightly different header pipe on the 2017's. Unless someone pipes up to state otherwise, would suggest that 2016 exhausts won't bolt on.

One hung low

From what I've gleaned in the past day, header pipes for duke and rc390 don't appear to have changed since inception, same part numbers through to 2017. So, I'm hoping to get confirmation that this is the case and existing(>2016) pipes will fit. 2017 'G' models are an evolution not a new generation from my take on things.
Anyone had first hand experience with the Powertronics ecu's. Good bad or indifferent.
cheers One

One hung low

Anyone know who might have non cat, preferably under seat systems, ready for the 2017 models? Had some Arrow part numbers but couldn't intice any lazybay sellers to work for there sale, by looking and advising. Love the look of the under tail systems though.
cheer One

Diploman

There is a video on uTube made by an Indian 390 owner who demonstrates the 2017 Duke running without the side canister. The Gen2 bike has an underbody cat/silencer quite similar to the Gen1 OEM exhaust. This unit feeds into the side canister. Without the canister the bike appears to run well, with a deeper tone. In the video the exhaust note seems louder, but not as offensive as the unpacked Werkes, for example. This might be a simple, inexpensive exhaust mod for the Gen2. Certainly removal of the canister will affect the AFR, so anyone attempting this would be wise to fit a fuel controller beforehand.

One hung low

Header part on the 2017 is 938 05 007 000 whereas earlier models fror what I can tell we're 902 05 007 000. An earlier header could open up the product choice for exhausts. If the frames have not recently changed, they all have squeeze past the starter motor and then the difference would begin, to suit cat/muffler style fitted to that particular model.
Let me know if I can get back to Yoshi dreaming again, cheers One

D

Deleted member 452

There is a video on uTube made by an Indian 390 owner who demonstrates the 2017 Duke running without the side canister. The Gen2 bike has an underbody cat/silencer quite similar to the Gen1 OEM exhaust. This unit feeds into the side canister. Without the canister the bike appears to run well, with a deeper tone. In the video the exhaust note seems louder, but not as offensive as the unpacked Werkes, for example. This might be a simple, inexpensive exhaust mod for the Gen2. Certainly removal of the canister will affect the AFR, so anyone attempting this would be wise to fit a fuel controller beforehand.

Been wondering when we would see someone try this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8qc235MZKc

eufc19

Well i just bought a 2017 RC390 1 month back... i just ordered Product ID: 90805999000(the one with the cat connector) from KTM TWINs waiting for delivery. not sure if its going to fit. but i guess it worth a try, worst case just use it as a slip on backend if the cat cannot fit.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Well i just bought a 2017 RC390 1 month back... i just ordered Product ID: 90805999000(the one with the cat connector) from KTM TWINs waiting for delivery. not sure if its going to fit. but i guess it worth a try, worst case just use it as a slip on backend if the cat cannot fit.

Yeah, that's not going to fit. You'll need to order the older 1st gen header to make it fit. Modifying the can to attach to the 2017 breadbox wouldn't be worth it either IMO, better off selling the full pipe and getting proper 2017 specific part.

eufc19

Yeah, that's not going to fit. You'll need to order the older 1st gen header to make it fit. Modifying the can to attach to the 2017 breadbox wouldn't be worth it either IMO, better off selling the full pipe and getting proper 2017 specific part.

Yup, already orders a new 2016 header.

There is nothing much for the 2017 model in the market right now. from my research, there is onli 1 akara carbon slip-on.

There are tons on MotoSxxxx website, but i doult its going to fit.

so switch my 2017 model back to a 2016 exhaust setup

One hung low

Found an earlier 390 header, waiting for the guy to confirm part number, $60 in my hands. And then the selection doors will open. Yoshi, Arrow, Akra...Had Arrows before, great, sound good, look good but jeez the double under tail Yoshi gives you mongrel just looking at it, oh and sound good as well. But considerably more expensive than say Arrow.
To do list; pipe, Powertronics with Q shift, not much!
hiflo air filter on its way, cheers One

One hung low

After waiting months for the Yoshi tail tidy to arrive, I finally got to fit the twin under tail system. As per any faired bike, stripping off the fairings is the initial challenge but once that's done, it was fairly straightforward. The muffler box was a bit awkward and once that was out life was good.
I had already bought the earlier model header which was slipped in and with bit if a jiggle the rest fitted perfectly. Still waiting on the 2 intermediate exhaust springs Yoshi omitted to pack to finish completely. Its plenty loud so I fitted the DB killers which made a slight difference.
So yes, get an earlier header and it looks as if almost any after market system will fit.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Good to know!

So, did the O2 bungs line up old and new? Also, what's in the tail end of the newer header, is there a pre-cat in that bulge?

One hung low

The header is earlier model duke/RC so the o2 hole is right where it needs to be. The end of the header is parallel no cat bulge and would have mated with the belly pan exhaust/cat of the earlier models. I very pleased about the outcome. Cheers One

One hung low

On the 2017 the header is shorter than previous models and the cat is a horizontal extension to the header, before it goes 90 degrees down into the muffler box. It is the power bomb looking thing to be technical. Haven't actually weighed what I took off but it adds up, slipon, rear number plate bracket,muffler Box, cat and 2 rear foot peg mounts. Added Yoshi twin undertail exhaust and tail tidy to suit. Goes to the dealer for first service tonight, fit the K&N air filter and the Akra remap. Be interesting to see if there is a significant difference. A few hundred extra revs would be nice. And some raised rear sets.......

CDN Duke

Country flag
On the 2017 the header is shorter than previous models and the cat is a horizontal extension to the header, before it goes 90 degrees down into the muffler box. It is the power bomb looking thing to be technical. Haven't actually weighed what I took off but it adds up, slipon, rear number plate bracket,muffler Box, cat and 2 rear foot peg mounts. Added Yoshi twin undertail exhaust and tail tidy to suit. Goes to the dealer for first service tonight, fit the K&N air filter and the Akra remap. Be interesting to see if there is a significant difference. A few hundred extra revs would be nice. And some raised rear sets.......

I wonder if there's a second cat in the muffler box as well, similar to the first gen mufflers. I haven't seen any cutaway photos of the new exhausts yet but there should be some around on the 'net.

I'm considering rolling my rev limit back to 10k rpm using the PCV as bahawton has done, just to be a bit more prudent. I want my motor to last as long as it can... Not like I'm up at that part of the range all the time in any case though.

Sadmas

Country flag
The akra remap works? The pcv doesnt work on the new one
446c9df1410215eef62b85200a8be2c2.jpg

Enviado desde mi E6653 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited: