Exhaust, intake, ....

DCmetro

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site. I just recently got a RC390 and I'm looking to upgrade and I would like your advice!!

1. Muffler - I want the traditional look so am thinking the GPR Ghost is the way to go?

2. Intake - K&M intake?

3. Ecu - Power Commander?

Is this a good mix? I'm new to this, that's why I'm here, thanks for your help!!

emeglasson

That is a good mix, but the Power Commander does not seem to be available just yet. Another couple of weeks, I believe? In the meantime, you can ask your local dealer to reflash the ECU with the Akrapovich map, and it will run pretty well with the exhaust and KTM filter.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
That is a good mix, but the Power Commander does not seem to be available just yet. Another couple of weeks, I believe? In the meantime, you can ask your local dealer to reflash the ECU with the Akrapovich map, and it will run pretty well with the exhaust and KTM filter.

Most PCv maps are also going to be build on top of the Akrapovic ECU flash, so even if you are planning on getting a PCv you'll still want to have the dealer flash your ECU with the Akrapovic map. I know that all of maps Chad is building will be on top of that mapping... somebody else might be producing a decent number of maps, but probably not with nearly as much dyno time and work as he's put into them. He's already stated if you buy your PCv from him, he'll be providing his maps to you.

Last edited:

Muckabucka

Country flag
If you're going to do any sort of tuning with the PCV you do need to talk to Chad about it. He has the most knowledge about tuning and building these motors. I've been working with him extensively over the past year, and he definitely knows his stuff.

rippedcb

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site. I just recently got a RC390 and I'm looking to upgrade and I would like your advice!!

1. Muffler - I want the traditional look so am thinking the GPR Ghost is the way to go?
-- I have this Exhaust and absolutely love it. It's fantastic sounding and performing.

2. Intake - K&N intake?
-- YEP.. Along with an open air box cover

3. Ecu - Power Commander?
-- I went with Bazzaz unit instead. But either or should be good.

Is this a good mix? I'm new to this, that's why I'm here, thanks for your help!!

This is a fantastic combination... You'll love it.

This is a fantastic combination... You'll love it.

Hey there rippedcb - you mentioned you are using the K&N filter with open air box cover -

Are you using the MTHNNBX open air box aluminium lid? If you are how are you finding it in regards to water? ie wet day ridding ? it just seem that water could get in there!!!!
'
I wash my bike every other week so would have to be very careful where pointing the hose! Maybe I'm being concerned over nothing - feedback will be most appreciated.

who's Chad?

Chad Wells (CJWELL) is the owner of Common Wealth Motorcycles and one of the first support vendors for this forum. Common Wealth is also a KTM dealer. Chad is the man if you want to build a KTM RC motor. Extensive knowledge of motors and performance in general. A fully equipped shop prepared to take on interesting performance projects. He does his due diligence and stands behind his stuff.

His custom PCV map is out of the box darn close for an aftermarket exhaust (I used an Arrow) and race filter (I checked it on our local Dyno). I did fine tuned mine on a local certified DynaJet 250, but then we seriously race these things. Highly recommended that you have your KTM dealer flash the AKRA cup bike map 9031 before installing. Understandably, you need to buy the PCV from him. It's worth it.