FactoryPro shift detent kit.

First, I do not work for Commonwealth Motorcycles. I'm an independent road racer and M/C endurance team owner.

This is a first update to the install I did yesterday on our RC390. Got this kit due to vague up shifting we experienced at race pace. Sometimes the shift would fall back without very deliberate operation. Here are pictures for you to see the stock vs FactoryPro unit

FactoryPro - Commonwealth Motorcycle shift detent kit vs stock. The kit also includes a heavier dent spring as well not shown. Check out the quality of the new pall installed on the lever. The kit also included a new case gasket that I needed. Some may not. My gasket came apart immediately when I loosened the clutch case. CAUTION: You may need assistance with the clutch basket nut. VERY tight and would be easy to bugger it up. (left hand threads and 120nm or 88ft/lbs) I had to use an impact wrench to get it to release. The 24mm nut reinstall was also tricky. If you have any doubt, maybe better to contact your KTM dealer to assist in the install.

Testing on track in fast pace conditions will happen with the next 2 weeks. I'll update this then. Much better feel already in my driveway :)

The 1st picture not showing the vise: the lever on the left is the stock unit. The pall bearing is very loose and as you see in the additional pictures the new pall is wider and more substantial.

IMG_2528.jpgIMG_2529.jpgIMG_2530.jpg

Last edited: