Feeler for forged wheels for our bikes.

psych0hans

Country flag
I've just placed an order for a wheel blank to machine into a rear wheel for our bike. I'll keep y'all updated on the process. I'll also be posting a poll to help decide the wheel design of choice.

psych0hans

Country flag
I managed to get hold of another set of Rims from the SVC to weigh and here are the results

Front Rim - 5.020kgs with bearings and valve but very little balancing weights.

Rear Rim - 6.244kgs with bearings, valve and some spacer sticking out one end. Not as heavy as I had expected.

74d34h

We are in search of new lighter wheels for the RC390. It does not look like there are any options. The Gale speed require modifications for the sprocket and cush? I decided to do some forum searching this morning. These stock wheels are ridiculously heavy. I wanted to revive this thread for some more discussions on it.

psych0hans

Country flag
We are in search of new lighter wheels for the RC390. It does not look like there are any options. The Gale speed require modifications for the sprocket and cush? I decided to do some forum searching this morning. These stock wheels are ridiculously heavy. I wanted to revive this thread for some more discussions on it.

I've been working on this project, but progress has been very slow. I have a design ready for sample production, next step is to find someone to manufacture the sample and do some real world testing. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Dygear

Just for reference the weight

Stock Wheels (Cast Aluminum)
  • Front 5.113Kg
  • Rear ?Kg
Forged Magnesium
  • Front ?
  • Rear ?
Anodizing Aluminum
  • Front 5.020kg
  • Rear 6.244kgs.

Side by side, these numbers don't seem that impressive right now I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

RobbiRob76

If I'm shelling out coin for a new wheelset, I am not doing it for something that looks exactly the same. I am racing next year, but not this bike, I have bought the following: Carbon Fiber: Tank / Battery Cover; Front Fender; Counter Shaft Sprocket Cover; Chain Guard / Hugger; and Rear Tail. Yes they are lighter, but I bought it for the coolness factor. I am not going to buy lighter wheels for the street, if they look just like the stock wheels. If I was racing it? Maybe. If they are lighter, and look trick? I will buy regardless of use street or track... My 2 cents