Full System Exhaust Options for 2017 RC 390

naveed

What are the options for full system exhaust for the 2017 RC 390 for maximum weight savings? There are many options for 2014-2016, but most of them don't work with 2017.

naveed

I think the Yoshimura exhaust does replace the cat and pre muffler. $549 is for stainless steel; the carbon fiber is $849.

Austin Racing also has an exhaust that replaces cat and pre muffler; KTM DUKE 390 GP1 HI-SLUNG DE-CAT EXHAUST SYSTEM

However, Austin Racing only checked it with Duke 390. I guess it would fit, but it's a risk.

I was looking for full system with header pipe, but wasn't able to find anything.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Thats interesting, a slip on priced as a slip on, yet the description states that it replaces the cat and pre muffler? That it says '.... does replace the ...' makes me suspect that this is a typo error. that and the incredibly low price, way lower than what you would pay for a full system?

It's mounts to the header then continues back - you can see it in the photos. Replaces the cat and pre-muffler as described.

16381CJ520_C_L.jpg

antarius

No I don't, but it's loud as most of these exhausts are. The Yoshimura is not as loud, and makes fantastic power -- but I could not stand the fitment and how it routed under the swingarm so I returned it.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
What are the options for full system exhaust for the 2017 RC 390 for maximum weight savings? There are many options for 2014-2016, but most of them don't work with 2017.

As SWdragon mentioned the Tyga exhaust will work on 17/18 models and is a full system with a new front J header which then does a Y to the two undertail exhaust cans. There are two different can options:
Carbon Tip Oval: EXPS-0061-1.jpg

Or the Moto Maggot: EXPS-0062.jpg

I keep both systems in stock, ready to ship, over on my Exhaust Section for the Formula390 site.

Most street riders go with the Cabon Oval and most racers tend to go with the Moto Maggot cans. I'm running the Carbon Ovals with the DBKillers still in them, tho they can be removed if desired for a slight bump up in performance and a louder exhaust note.

John390

are tehre plans for a single undertail or stock location for the 2017+ bikes?

Also, if it matters, I don't want too loud, just a nice rumble and deeper tone

Conissah

The only 'under-belly' exhaust I've seen is the Circuit Werkes one, and its quite expensive. Plus from what I've heard and read from actual customers, it's extremely loud and the packing tends to blow out after a few thousand miles. I love the look of a high mount exhaust, and Circuit Werkes makes one of those as well, but since both the exhausts are full exhausts, they delete the cats and therefore would be super loud.

ia02

Country flag
No I don't, but it's loud as most of these exhausts are. The Yoshimura is not as loud, and makes fantastic power -- but I could not stand the fitment and how it routed under the swingarm so I returned it.

Any idea how loud the comp werks high mount is? One track I ride has very strict DB limits. I'm worried any low mount exhaust will drag. I have dragged the stock 2017 exhaust already.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Any idea how loud the comp werks high mount is? One track I ride has very strict DB limits. I'm worried any low mount exhaust will drag. I have dragged the stock 2017 exhaust already.

LOL. The Werks exhausts are... yeah... as others have mentioned... loud. VERY loud. I don't know of any tracks which have dB limits which allow it to be used. The tracks around here won't even bother with having you start the motor. If they see it, you fail tech.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
are tehre plans for a single undertail or stock location for the 2017+ bikes?

Also, if it matters, I don't want too loud, just a nice rumble and deeper tone

You wouldn't be able to get the exhaust length necessary to do a single undertail. The undertail solutions are using a dual exit for a reason, and that's to get additional exhaust length. The WSS300 kit gets extra length by using a different front header which replaces the stock J Tube and runs the exhaust under the motor before coming up and out, but that's the only variant which comes close to what you are wanting... and you can't buy it without buying one of the 50 per year 11k Euro kits, which KTM has allocated towards WSS300 racers.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
What is the difference other than shape between the two Tyga systems?

So technically there are four Tyga exhausts for the RC, but in fact there is really two, with the option of a different front J tube which has a constant diameter vs the dented in one where Ramesh took a ball peen hammer and a rock to the exhaust to get it to clear the frame. ;)

The Tyga replacement J tube is a Requirement on the 17-18 model years to use the Tyga exhaust, and is a full system.
The Tyga replacement J tube is a Option on the 15-16 model years, and can use the stock J tube, or the Tyga one. Otherwise the differences are which exhaust can option you want to run.

These four different systems are as follows:
1) Carbon Oval - These have a dB limiter in them, but it can be removed if desired for a race application.
EXPS-0061-1.jpg
EXPS-0061 - This is the slip on system with carbon oval cans. Can be used on 15-16 model years with the stock J tube.
EXPS-0091 - Full Carbon oval system, with the Tyga front J tube. Can be used on all model years.

2) Maggot - These are a race application exhaust (tho many run them on the street as well) and is an all stainless exhuast with a reverse megaphone can end. These have a deep guttural thump to them that (to me at least) makes it should like a large twin.
EXPS-0062.jpg
EXPS-0062 - This is the slip on system with Moto Maggot cans. Can be used on 15-16 model years with the stock J tube.
EXPS-0092 - Full Moto Maggot system, with the Tyga front J tube. Can be used on all model years.

The test mule here at the ranch is a 15, and I'm running the EXPS-0091 on it which is as earlier mentioned, the carbon oval system with the Tyga J-Tube. I have a set of the maggot cans which I swap on occasionally... especially when I'm taking it someplace and want to make a statement when I arrive. :)

Last edited: