Gauges -- EGT, CHT, H2O

ToraTora

Country flag
There is an inexpensive EGT solution out there. It's been posted on MA previously. I ordered one of these as a test. It showed up quickly, but then I applied 12 volts to it from a moto battery it smoked. :( Also the lead is too short to use even on a moped.

s-l300.jpg

I also ordered a Stage6 EGT gauge/sensor. These are quite nice. And having using one for a short while now I can say these are a good buy. I got it from Maxiscoot during their Easter sale. These are made for Stage6 by Koso, but are a lot less money than the Koso EGT gauge.

s64037_s64037_01.jpg

If you are also looking for H2O temp gauges Koso makes some nice small gauges that work well. You get get them in °C or °F (don't know why they don't make a switch--probably costs). These are nice because they light up, and you can seen them an night. But you do need to power them. The range is 0-120°C, or 32-248°F.
BA024B10-P.jpg
You can also get a CHT sensor for these. They usually come with 5 replaceable plug ends in case they wear out. These are rated to 150°C, and the temp sensors top out at 120°C, so it may not be a great match. Although on the TrailTech I use 116°C seems to be the Max I've seen on my bikes--so far. TT claims a range of -40°-300°C/575°F for their TTO. Koso also has one that will go to 250°C.
K1000R10.jpg
Here's the current setup on the GPR. I'll probably replace the TTO with a Koso when it breaks, but it is nice to have at least one gauge independent of the bikes power system. ;)

IMG_4538_zpsimeupxdl.jpg

IMG_4478_zpsttw02wxe.jpg

ToraTora

Country flag
Happy to be of service. I never actually picked up an RC as the test ride on the Duke lead me to believe that I wouldn't be very happy with the 4T engine (this is my own personal preference and should not reflect ill on the bike or anyone that likes the 4T). I might at some point look for one with a blown engine and turn it into a "proper" bike for me. ;)

Still since I'm focusing on two strokes these days I've really come to appreciate good sensors and gauges. And I keep posting here because I've made some friends and I like the community. :)

If you've got a bike out on the track though you probably should look into either the Starlane Corsaro, or the Aim MyChron4 units as they provide data logging. You can match this up with some fun computer software and see where on the track your bike heats up--among other very interesting things. :)

m4-angle.jpg

GPS%20Laptimer%20Corsaro%20Starlane_1.jpg