Gearbox wont go passed 2nd

Turkery

Hey guys - I just recovered my stolen bike and the gearbox will only give me 1st, neutral, and 2nd. When I try to go up to third I just hit the top and nothing clicks. Feels like I just hit a ceiling. Any tips on self diagnosing this?

Ryanthegreat1

Does it make any noise while running? Do 1st and 2nd actually work? Might be something bent inside like a shift fork.

EnergyHOU

Agreeing with above, your missing kickstand is probably causing some weird issues on the electrical side which in turn is going to cause issues mechanically. This bike is very sensitive to sensors unfortunately, and I can only imagine when they're flat out no even there.

Turkery

Does it make any noise while running? Do 1st and 2nd actually work? Might be something bent inside like a shift fork.

Currently not running, leaving town for a week, will be hooking it up to a battery charger to bring her to life when I get back.

Agreeing with above, your missing kickstand is probably causing some weird issues on the electrical side which in turn is going to cause issues mechanically. This bike is very sensitive to sensors unfortunately, and I can only imagine when they're flat out no even there.

I will install the new kickstand in a week and try it out!

Treachery

Country flag
If it isn't running, not being able to shift through the gears is no surprise. You might be able to fiddle with it on a rear stand by rotating the rear tire and seeing whether it'll go up from second.

Ryanthegreat1

If it isn't running, not being able to shift through the gears is no surprise. You might be able to fiddle with it on a rear stand by rotating the rear tire and seeing whether it'll go up from second.

+1 did not know it was not running. Might try rocking it back and forth while shifting.

Sequential dog face gear boxes need to be moving to shift or it is very likely the dogs won't mesh so you won't get the next gear.

Turkery

Got the bike through all six gears today! Seems the problem was my lack of experience, all I did was roll down a hill and shift up through the gears. Shifts just fine!