Healtech Quick Shifter from Blue Monkey Motorsports: Installation & Review

reenmachine

Country flag
Here a couple screenshots of the settings that have been working for me. The interface is really slick and intuitive.

9LmDSnQl.png

hSzYuj1l.png

Backmarker

The group buy would have been nice to have, but I need the quick shifter for the track so I ordered one from Blue Monkey Motorsports

Backmarker

I had my Healteck quick shifter shipper today, your instructions look great, thanks.
Blue Monkey motorsports are very good to deal with. Thanks to them too.

Bags

The Healtech software does allow for activation during downshift but I haven't messed with it.

Just reading through the installation instructions from Healtech, Thy point out, "1b. QSE Sensor under the bolt of shift armReplace the bolt with the one supplied. Place the conical washers at the two sides of thesensor like this: (0). Tighten the bolt in this position by about 5 Nm. If you do not havea torque wrench, tighten the bolt until the shift arm is tight on the gearbox shaft.In this install position, clutchless downshifts may work (refer to the User’s Guide)."
So I am curious if you or anyone else had tried the installation that way. Then tried the clutchless downshift option according to the user's manual, "Allow cut-off when RPM is falling:If checked, you may do clutchless downshifts with partial throttle from the higher gears.The sensor must be installed under the bolt (not in the rod) to detect both directions.Caution: Use with care! If downshifts are not smooth on your bike, use the clutch!"
I'd be interested in purchasing the system over the PCV if that feature does work on our bikes. So hoping one of you Healtech users can volunteer to test this for us,

reenmachine

Country flag
I haven't tried it.

I will report, however, that the QS is still working flawlessly. Thousands of shifts, and I don't think I've touched the settings since the last ones I posted.

74d34h

Did this die off due to the PCV quickshifter? The wife wants a quickshifter and we run the powertronic unit on the bike. I do not want to invest into the PCV setup. Does this setup work ok for GP Shift? I am interested in the long term reliability of this unit and if anyone is still using it. Do other options exist? Thanks.

reenmachine

Country flag
Did this die off due to the PCV quickshifter? The wife wants a quickshifter and we run the powertronic unit on the bike. I do not want to invest into the PCV setup. Does this setup work ok for GP Shift? I am interested in the long term reliability of this unit and if anyone is still using it. Do other options exist? Thanks.

Mine still works great. I'm fairly certain it would be fine for GP shift but it would be best to ask Healtech.