Hello from Rochester MA

Drstimpy

Elite Member
Country flag
Picked up my new RC 390 yesterday and already have 200 miles on it. Thanks to Paul at Pilgrim Powersports for your guidance and help. Crazy goods deals out there with almost $1000 off 2017’s now.

I’m surprised the bike is so competent at everyday riding as I thought it would be more focused. I’m also surprised the motor is so flexible. I have a duke 690 as well and the RC is smoother at low rpms. I’ve heard complaints about the brakes but so far I’ve experienced only stellar performance from the front brakes. Will see how they are with track use. I had to recalibrate my gauge eye because it looks like it is always running hot at first glance. But the fan doesn’t even come on until the gauge is at the top of its travel and the temp drops as expected when the fan runs.

Picked up some used Andreani fork cartridges from this forum and hope to find a shock solution before NYST trackday on Sunday and Monday. If not, no worries I added 4 clicks of preload and off we go!

Curious about tipover protection for the track because it looks like the bars, pegs, exhaust, and maybe cases would grind before the bodywork takes a lot of punishment. Any experienced crashers out there? I’m putting on hand guards, case covers, and spools for sure.

Also getting a TST kit to remove the 75 pound rear fender. Because the bike is so light to begin with, it is very seductive to try and drop a little more as it means more. Maybe battery and even exhaust if I can find a light one that isn’t too loud.

All told this purchase has punched well above its weight in the fun per dollar contest.
404263897c995fd0b6123a68b0db665d.jpg
d3d8d06e810518eb4b986ef100cadee0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

isaac_

Hey man, I'm in Marlborough, MA. I race at Loudon and am a TTD customer. Go talk to Woody (TTD Staff) or myself about our experiences with the RC. We love them on the track. The bike crashes very well with the bodywork taking very little damage. The engine cases though are first to hit. I recommend the KTM case covers. And clip-ons. They're cheap crash protection.

Drstimpy

Elite Member
Country flag
Hey! Peter from Computrack says same thing...just ordered[emoji106][emoji122][emoji389]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk