Hello from Vancouver Island

JKBC

I put $500.00CDN down on a RC 390 back in December 2014 after I was pleased to see online it was finally coming to the USA and Canada for 2015. I put another 2,000 down 2 weeks ago and today I was happily surprised that they got mine today. Unfortunately I probably can't make it up there to pick it up until Saturday. The dealer is 100 km's north and I have a chimney sweep coming here tomorrow at 11am to do an house insurance required inspection of the wood-stove in the place I recently bought.
Well they assembled my bike right away and sent me a picture of it. I'm pleased to see the big SOLD sign on it...and then I noticed the front turn signals! Well I really hope they are at least LED's?
My RC 390 ready to go.jpg
To tell you the truth I had imagined still doing hand signals along with the cool LED's built into the mirror stalks and perhaps these N.American spec big ugly ones won't have me feeling that is necessary but still it is a disappointment especially since it does look like the mirrors are different as well...at least the stalks. Still I can't wait to be riding it. This is the coolest thing since the little single cylinder Ducati's of the 1960's-1974. I bought new and still have a 1978 Ducati 900SS and always lusted after one of those earlier singles...these KTM's are the closest thing to them and it doesn't bother me at all that it is made in KTM's new factory in India.

ASM

Congratulations. Interesting that the Canadian version comes with the different mirror/signal setup compared to the US version. I would have figured the bike would be the same for the complete NA market...guess not...

mr-fabricator

Welcome buddy , lots of good guys here and most helpfull .

U need the euro spec mirrors or the parts to retro fit the indicator lenses .

theire is a thread with part numbers .

Regards lee .

JKBC

My bike actually has an 'OK for USA' sticker on the front of the throttle housing and a USA sticker on the left side of the swingarm so I doubt my mirrors, turn signals and extra reflectors are any different than what somebody gets in the US.
The dealer had a late model Ducati Hypermotard with the same turn signals so I guess they're a generic turn signal for any foreign bikes that have turn signals the USDT doesn't approve? I actually don't mind the turn signals now but I wish the mirrors were more useful than they are. The mirrors are amazingly clear/free from vibration and when you take your left hand off the grip and move that arm out of the way you can see behind then but I think you could have a jerk tailgating you and maybe not know they were there with these stock mirrors. These mirrors do have a bolted on bit exactly where (and shaped the same) as where the cool LEDs that the rest of the world gets are so they are the same mirrors minus the LEDs. The dealer asked if I'd like the ugly reflectors and extension below where the plate bolts on before they put my plate went on and I had them remove those parts but have kept them. Sorry for not checking back for replies sooner...I thought I'd get email notifications and didn't.