Help/advice on first mods

Dirr3n

Hey there I'm thinking about getting an Arrow slip on exhaust (71619MI + 71813AKN) and also a K&N air filter with the lid mod. I was wondering would I need to get a PCV to remap it all and if so where would I be able to find the map to download.

Sorry if this sounds all dumb and stuff haha I'm still new to all this [emoji23]

Treachery

Country flag
Welcome.
You might not have to get the PCV, but you'll be less likely to cause the bike to run lean if you do, in addition to getting the most bang for your buck from the other two mods. Failing that, at least get your dealer to flash the bike with the factory Akra map. As to where you get a specific map for your combo, that's a little tougher, but your Power Commander vendor should be able to hook you up.

Motonewb

No worries man, I'm new too. I want to do mods but right now it's going to be all quality of life type stuff. Tail tidy, comfort seat, figure out my rear sets (i'm 5'6 with a 29" inseam and can't grip the tank well while seated correctly) and decide what to do with my mirrors because they are UGLY. Although, I live in Phoenix and the bike is pretty quiet on the highway so I might just get an exhaust to make her louder and was thinking about lighting because the wife says she can't see me at night from the rear.

m3hl

Country flag
Then get a better Master Cylinder for your brakes.

Can you recommend one? I think I saw people using an R6 Master. I would love to find something like that cheap/used. I already know about the RCS clone, but looking for something cheaper.

Dirr3n

Does anyone have or know anyone that has the arrow exhaust PCV map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

=maz=

Country flag
Can you recommend one? I think I saw people using an R6 Master. I would love to find something like that cheap/used. I already know about the RCS clone, but looking for something cheaper.

Brembo RCS 15

=maz=

Country flag
No worries man, I'm new too. I want to do mods but right now it's going to be all quality of life type stuff. Tail tidy, comfort seat, figure out my rear sets (i'm 5'6 with a 29" inseam and can't grip the tank well while seated correctly) and decide what to do with my mirrors because they are UGLY. Although, I live in Phoenix and the bike is pretty quiet on the highway so I might just get an exhaust to make her louder and was thinking about lighting because the wife says she can't see me at night from the rear.

Please read some of the threads.
If you make mods to the exhaust without adding the PCV you will likely run into other problems.

=maz=

Country flag
Cheaper? I guess that depends on what you think is cheap...the difference is worth the money.
The right size is RCS 15