How do you clean your rc390?

Seth

Country flag
When I took delivery of my bike the service manager sprayed some kind of propellant cleaner and wiped the seat, faring, windscreen, body etc. I should of paid attention because it is something I want to get a hold of! Anyway I am wondering how everyone cleans their bikes. Also how do we keep the windscreen looking as good as brand new?

fs1ephil

Hi Seth
I use a spray made by Muck Off to get all the grime off then hose it down gently.
I don't like power washers they force water into all sorts of unwanted places.
i then use house hold spray polish, have done for years on all bikes I've owned.
if your screen gets scratched you can purchase a fine polish paste normally used
to rejuvenate the plastic rear windows on soft top sports cars and polish the scratch out.

Ryanthegreat1

Automotive soap and a wash mitt. Then an air compressor to dry things out. The KTM is a nightmare to clean! So many crevasses for water and dirt to hide in.

If you are in a hurry or just have a spot to clean Plexus or Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish with a clean microfiber rag are the way to go.

Fasteddy

Country flag
Clean, whats that? It hasn't been a year yet :^)

I agree with Ryan, even bought a brand new mitt to go with it, always used to use Meguiar's wax, I see they have a whole line of spray clean products now.

Treachery

Country flag
I would recommend against any sort of conventional "polish," at least for the matte surfaces. The white/graphic surfaces, that's probably fine. I have a matte helmet, and before I bought it, did a bunch of searches to see how people took care of that kind of finish. I settled on Chemical Guys' "Meticulous Matte Spray Detailer." It isn't cheap, so you might as well buy a couple bottles when you do buy, but that, wiped gently off with a microfiber towel works a treat. A smooth, clean finish without unwanted gloss, no streaks, and it seems that bugs are less likely to stick. Speaking of bugs, I have a spray head attached to a quart bottle of peroxide. I mist the bug butts with that (helmet, faceshield, windshield, fairing, boots), watch 'em fizz up, and just wipe them off. I use a microfiber for any good surface. I'm overly picky, so I use a different one than I use for the detailer, and keep them all clean.

Seth

Country flag
Awesome advice so far. Thanks all. I bought a microfiber no lint pack and will use it between washing. Ya the rc390 is not dirty yet, as it is less then 2 weeks old... Love it!!