Indulge me please!

Wa2fst

Country flag
So reading these post and not doing my complete homework on available options for a RC390 track bike. Please indulge me with your track bike components.

mine:
JRi double shock
GP fork cartridges
double bubble PP race windshield
PP adj rear sets
Tyga race belly pan
Pirelli SC V2 tires
shift kit thingy (not installed yet)
Renthal med grips (def hand saver)
Kick stand removal

after seeing QS and motion pro throttle revolver. I Guess coming from other track bikes to a thumper i assumed it was so simple not much could be done. So any knowledge here to help others build their bikes will be much appreciated

Last edited:

mr-fabricator

Sugetions

clipons ,
Mx chain ( as in non o ring )
Gearing to suite your needs
Pcv and remap
Put the bike on a diet
Lock wire
race tail
filter and exhaust

ArkansasDave

You've already got suspension, which is the biggest weakness. I'd spend my money on track time. Mr fab has a good list, maybe the driven triple clamp to get rid of the stupid stock clip on mounts.

Wa2fst

Country flag
I get lots of track time all summer so no issues their.

Instead of suggestions id rather know what you have done i.e. Where did YOU decrease weight, what chain did you use, whose sprockets and sizes. So others can look at the list and readily identify a start point instead of countless searching the net trying to piece it together.

thanks!

DCMoney

Country flag
Where did you find a MP revolver kit for the 390? I asked MP a while back and they said they wouldn't do it for a single cable setup

Penske Double
Racetech Spring in the front with 7wt oil
Pirelli V2 SC1 front, SC2 Rear.
China QT throttle
Stock triple modified
Netherlands Tail and Belly
TYGA rearsets
KTM Race Double Bubble
43T, 45T, and 47T sprockets.
PCV w/autotune
Airbox mod
ABS removal

Weight savings will come this winter. Im sure im missing some things.

ArkansasDave

Pirelli supercorsa front
Ktm race double bubble wind screen
Jri double
Brembo brake pads
Motul Rbf 600 brake fluid
Vortex clip ons
Ktm cup belly pan
Remove abs
Remove charcoal canister

tecknojoe

Country flag
Anyone buy the Tyga Carbon bellypan and tail piece? I figured I might as well since it'll cost extra money to paint anyway. Looking for pics of those pieces on the bike to see how it looks. Also planning: ABS bypass Driven rearsets JRI Double adjuster shock Trying to convince someone do make valves and preload adjusters without building cartridges fork springs + oil racing windscreen I guess the pirellis unless someone has other suggestions on good race tires Akra with PCV other miscelaneous crap, sprockets, EBC HH pads

Last edited:

DCMoney

Country flag
TYGA just put these on their facebook page.

11934993_1038080132888891_2529373701704968403_n.jpg

tecknojoe

Country flag
Nice!

As much as I trust Tyga for bodywork, I wonder if those will be of good enough quality. When I think of what I heard about their rearsets, I'm skeptical

ArkansasDave

Anyone buy the Tyga Carbon bellypan and tail piece? I figured I might as well since it'll cost extra money to paint anyway. Looking for pics of those pieces on the bike to see how it looks. Also planning: ABS bypass Driven rearsets JRI Double adjuster shock Trying to convince someone do make valves and preload adjusters without building cartridges fork springs + oil racing windscreen I guess the pirellis unless someone has other suggestions on good race tires Akra with PCV other miscelaneous crap, sprockets, EBC HH pads

I just ordered the belly pan and tail piece from tyga so we will see how it goes.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Just reg belly pan for me since it will be painted. Im painting mine up now but wont be anything fancy.

Wa2fst

Country flag
When u removed your canister what lines did u plug if u needed to? My 1290 i had a vaccuum line that needed plugging.