Interchangeable fairings?

Los17rc390

Going to be picking up a 2017 rc 390, but had an odd question. I’ve always preferred the look of the 15-16 models, and was wondering if I could put on the lower fairing after removing side exhaust as well? Thanks

RedWinter

Going to be picking up a 2017 rc 390, but had an odd question. I’ve always preferred the look of the 15-16 models, and was wondering if I could put on the lower fairing after removing side exhaust as well? Thanks

Are you looking to pull the side mount exhaust off and use the 2015-2016 bottom cowl? Wouldn't that take a re-engineer or slapping on the exhaust from a 2015-2016? ...for the bottom exit style look?

Los17rc390

Are you looking to pull the side mount exhaust off and use the 2015-2016 bottom cowl? Wouldn't that take a re-engineer or slapping on the exhaust from a 2015-2016? ...for the bottom exit style look?
Yes I want that bottom exhaust look. I read somewhere on here that the headers are swapabble (I’ll try to find the post) so that should give me the ability to put the older models exhaust on there. But won’t know till I get the bike.

Gonna be traveling out of AZ state to get a better priced one. Lowest price in finding is 5,199 without total sales fees and tax included.

SWdragon

Country flag
You should be able to mount the 2015 lower cowl on your 2017
so long as the engine cases haven't changed, as that is where the brackets for the lower cowl bolt to. Also need to look or compare side fairings between 2015 and 2017 to see if there the same as the lower cowl kind of tucks in under them.
I took the lower cowl off my 2015 as I personally liked the look better without it. I ended up buying a 2015 Duke 390 lower cowl (looks like 2017 lower cowl) and mounting brackets, it bolted up just fine. So if you get the mounting brackets and cowl it should work Exhaust, I have the under tail Tyga exhaust and love it. You could also keep your stock 2017 exhaust and if needed cut the 2015 lower cowl to fit.

I have the lower cowl and I think all the mounting brackets if you want to buy them.

RedWinter

There are a lot of OEM RC390 parts on ebay right now. Ideally, when you are shopping for the stock 2015-2016 exhaust components and lower fairings you can score deals on there. Flipping my 2016 into a track bike so my bottom fairings are already off as well as stock muffler. Any trouble finding the hardware you need PM (380 miles on my stock parts, lol).

Los17rc390

May take one of you up in the offers for the extra parts. May be getting the bike local now. A bit off topic but what’s the fees most of you paid? If you purchased from dealership

RedWinter

May take one of you up in the offers for the extra parts. May be getting the bike local now. A bit off topic but what’s the fees most of you paid? If you purchased from dealership

Looking for OTD price or the dealer fees as part of the purchase price? My dealer gave me an OTD price and then adjusted the real sale price down on the bike to accommodate for their fees (so a technicality). So on paper I got a 2016 left over for $3400 before dealer fees. PM me and I can share the actual break out in a little more detail if you are really interested. Had a few bad experiences here in MO with dealerships listings their 1) OTD price, 2) the sale price sans fees...which were crazy, and 3) sale price with most fees...so just confusing.

Los17rc390

I confirm it. You can swap the header by one of 2015.

Enviado desde mi E6653 mediante Tapatalk
Thank you for letting me know that. I’m glad someone did it before me. Dealer got price down to 4500 OTD. Put down 1k so they can hold it for a month since I have to give notice for PTO from work. I could fly out and drive it home and have it done in a day but figured my wife and I would just vacation and stay for a few days. Thanks everyone and will upload pics when I get her home. Also be in contact with who ever is closest for your spare parts. Again thank you all for your willingness to help and give input. Finally glad I found an awesome community