Is it at all possible to remove the headlight cluster?

onethump

I was wondering if it was at all possible to change the front of the RC to more of a street fighter type setup up front with a big round headlight, and maybe change the tach and speedo to smaller streamlined units, is that possible at all with the RC's front cluster setup?

Tom

Anything is possible with enough money. If you are looking for something that is prefabricated, Tyga has an aftermarket front fairing and headlights set. Doing a custom headlight shouldn't be too hard if you are good with laying fiberglass. To me it sounds like you are trying to turn your RC into a duke 390 or the husky schmeigle schmiger (or what ever it's called). I think you'll save a lot of time and money just buying a duke 390 or 690.

I started something. At the end, it will be covered with Tyga fairing and 2 holes added for the light. Here is just the very first prototype to adjust dimension and check the integration...
Tell me if the picture is not visible on your side...
IMG_20190330_145023.jpg

onethump

Anything is possible with enough money. If you are looking for something that is prefabricated, Tyga has an aftermarket front fairing and headlights set. Doing a custom headlight shouldn't be too hard if you are good with laying fiberglass. To me it sounds like you are trying to turn your RC into a duke 390 or the husky schmeigle schmiger (or what ever it's called). I think you'll save a lot of time and money just buying a duke 390 or 690.

Actually I'm just looking to go for a more "streefighter" style look, ditch all the fairings except the bottom one and possibly but probably not change the handlebars. I know thats more duke style, but its always fun tinkering with what you have

SnotRkt

Have you had the fairings off? There is a lot of "ugly" stuff hanging on the outside of the frame. Just saying...Sell it and buy a Duke.

MaBeZaKa

I like where people are headed with this! A vertical bulb stack makes great sense especially considering the way high and low beam are treated in the stock circuit (left/right vs up/down) and how vertical would allow use of an after market fairing stay like Rottweiler. I admit to finding myself looking at the RC8 headlight stack and conjuring "ideas". https://www.ebay.com/i/132907191720?chn=ps

I also can't help but notice prototype spy shots of the next gen RC fairing appear to have a well defined RC8 headlight shaped "void" behind the one piece fairing/windscreen. Just a prototype but very notable. https://www.motorcyclediaries.in/bike-news/ktm-bikes/ktm-rc-390/

Last edited:
Here is my final version

IMG_20190428_134803.jpg

Almost 500g lighter that the original one (and I do not consider the LED light that I already removed in the past)

IMG_20190428_135947.jpg

The result is not nice:

IMG_20190502_204935.jpg

But I dont care as I keep the fairing on (I just have to make the holes, now)
IMG_20190502_205836.jpg

Metals 907

2x rigid industries sr-6 lightbars in the driver optic.
710920c988f23eb1351bd84db8070864.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk