Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
This weekend, RideSmart hosted their July trackday sessions at Circuit of the Americas. We had three RC390's in attendance, two of which are forum members:
Edward Philips / EdwardP333:
Edward.jpg

Shaun Guy / Roadminge:
Guy.jpg

and Jeff Frazier (not on the forum yet):
Jeff.jpg

Temps were HOT, but the track sessions were great. One of the riders, Jeff, did have a slight cooling issue where he ended up spitting a little coolant into his belly pan and on his rear tire. The bike is still brand new to him, so it still had (blue?!?!) antifreeze in it, which was pretty slick. So, he pulled in and called it a day. Jeff is an instructor and RideSmart employee, so he'd had PLENTY of track time already.

I spent most of the day with Edward and Jeff, but remembered to pop by Shauns pit a few times. Everyone was exhausted, and maybe feeling like they got run over by a commercial oven, by the end of the day, but nobody went down and everyone improved their comfort on the bike and times around the track.

If any other forum members ever find themselves in the Austin area, please let us know so that we can come out and help support you as well at the track.
COTA.jpg

Last edited:

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Hi, Here I am!

Shouldn't you be in the garage, flushing that slippery Blue Goo out of your cooling system, and putting distilled water in that bike... no screwing about on the computer!!! :)

Gatorade%20Cool%20Blue.JPG

Jeff Frazier

The previous owner (awesome guy BTW) confirmed that it was Engine Ice in the cooling system. My racing org doesn't allow engine ice, so I'll be switching to distilled water.