KTM 390R Race Bike Announced

nail_bomb

E9362D56-DB40-4439-BF65-EB7E13901C53.jpgF4BB94A0-D887-4D90-A7F1-0585D52E4C54.jpgJust announced by ktm is a limited edition homolagation race bike, restricted to just 500 units complete with over 230 bolt-on goodies including Akrapovic exhaust, race ecu, quickshifter, stm slipper clutch and everything for a seasons racing, bad news? €8,500 for the base model bike and an eye watering €11,000 for the race kit on top, better start saving up folks!

Last edited:

m3hl

Country flag
God... I wish. I am sort of glad there are only 500, so I can lust after it less. Love the exhaust and I hope they start using that analog tach.

Andy

Country flag
Be interesting if parts are made available to us mere mortals!

I'd like the dash which looks as if it's plug and play!

green_bread

Country flag
Unless I'm wrong, the dash they were using on the 390R in WSS300 was just a Koso gauge. They are nice but kind of pricey for what they are, in my opinion.

The dash in the picture posted above looks low something different, though.

nail_bomb

I got the information from a blog I subscribe to, 44Teeth - Motorcycle Lifestyle apparently you cannot retrofit any of the new race kit parts to older models of the rc390. I find it odd that KTM would not supply upgraded parts through the PowerParts network to allow owners of older models to upgrade their machines. Perhaps to keep the bikes legal where owners are power / licence category prohibited from tuning their machines?

Andy

Country flag
I got the information from a blog I subscribe to, 44Teeth - Motorcycle Lifestyle apparently you cannot retrofit any of the new race kit parts to older models of the rc390. I find it odd that KTM would not supply upgraded parts through the PowerParts network to allow owners of older models to upgrade their machines. Perhaps to keep the bikes legal where owners are power / licence category prohibited from tuning their machines?

They say the parts can't be retrofitted but I'm sure they'll fit!

For that sort of money Id expect, but cant see in the photo, a new design Head, camshafts, piston, valve springs etc and an electronic controlled vari length air ramtube!
Or am I expecting too much?

Last edited:

ahastings

Kinda pathetic that they're including extra gaskets with your brand new race bike
Thats the race kit that you have to buy separate, doesnt come with the bike. This is a setup for deep pockets. Hopefully they will offer the race kit parts individually

m3hl

Country flag
Thats the race kit that you have to buy separate, doesnt come with the bike. This is a setup for deep pockets. Hopefully they will offer the race kit parts individually

Yeah i think the bike alone is around $10-$11k and the race kit is another $12k on top.

green_bread

Country flag
I thought that I had read that the bike was going to be around $10k and the bike with the kit was about $13k? Maybe I misunderstood

m3hl

Country flag
The new RC 390 R carries an MSRP of $10,500 (or 8,500 euros).
As one might expect, buying a pro-grade, out-of-the-box racer doesn’t come cheap, and each of the 50 race kits are going for a cool $13,675 (or 11,000 euros), and that’s on top of the bike’s five-figure price tag.

jb.junior

I doubt it as the exhaust is different on the two bikes. The 390R has it up higher, whereas the Cup has it lower which presumably gets in the way of the longer belly pan.

=maz=

Country flag
The new RC 390 R carries an MSRP of $10,500 (or 8,500 euros).
As one might expect, buying a pro-grade, out-of-the-box racer doesn’t come cheap, and each of the 50 race kits are going for a cool $13,675 (or 11,000 euros), and that’s on top of the bike’s five-figure price tag.

So a $24k bike, I take it that's US dollars?!
Geesuz...I can buy a 2018 Ducati 959 Panigale and still have $10k(AU) change for that money.

And KTM supply extra Head Gaskets with the kit because they still expect problems?????:confused:

Andy

Country flag
Do remember that this bike is aimed at the World Super Sport and Domestic equivalent race series.

streetfighter

For that price, you are better off to get a brand new Honda NSF250R and feel the awesome handling of a Moto3 bike, unless you are in the WSSP300 championship race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk