MotoGP Points Winner - Thoughts on Lorenzo's final comments ?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Ok, for all of us MotoGP enthusiasts & avid followers,

What did you think of Lorenzo's comment ?

.... "Lorenzo: I was better than Rossi in everything"

For Rossi to have come up through the pack & pass almost everyone in the race,
and we know there were more than a few who didn't just move over & let him pass as if they were down a lap.

But was Lorenzo right in saying what he did ?

We want to know what other MotoGP Fans thought of the last race of 2015 ?

And based on the final results of this last race, was there any validity to Rossi's claim
prior to the Sepang Race that he made regarding Marquez ?

This has definitely been a hot topic at HardRacing and we want to know

what other Superfans thoughts are on the outcome ....

rick

Well, I no longer have too many nice things to say about Marquez or Lorenzo. ...but, I have a much higher opinion or Pedrosa so, some good came out of it.

ArkansasDave

Lorenzo was worse at mixed conditions, consistency, and not being a douche. I think JLo could have won it on his own without any meddling and now this season is tainted. Now we will never know who really should have won the championship.

Treachery

Country flag
Lorenzo was worse at mixed conditions, consistency, and not being a douche. I think JLo could have won it on his own without any meddling and now this season is tainted. Now we will never know who really should have won the championship.
I agree with this. I may be a solid conspiracy type, but it certainly looked to me that Marquez was just riding along behind Lorenzo with no effort to pass &/or try to win. To almost crash your teammate who did try to pass? But Marquez' efforts started long before. No surprise that Rossi parked him in Sepang; it just would've been better to have done it with a little more finesse.

As to Lorenzo; classless in victory, whether the victory was well-earned or not.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I agree with this. I may be a solid conspiracy type, but it certainly looked to me that Marquez was just riding along behind Lorenzo with no effort to pass &/or try to win. To almost crash your teammate who did try to pass? But Marquez' efforts started long before. No surprise that Rossi parked him in Sepang; it just would've been better to have done it with a little more finesse.

As to Lorenzo; classless in victory, whether the victory was well-earned or not.

100% Agree.
as a true Racing fan....... it would have been nice to see the final race come
down to best man wins.

Not......... Marquez sand bags for the first time in his life, and Rossi has to start from the back.

My Retro Career

I first became a Lorenzo fan after his excellent controlled race at Valencia - was it 2013?

I remembered how Lorenzo was hoping his teammate - Rossi - will put some pressure on MM, and I thought JLo rode a masterful race in slowing down the pace. In the end, Rossi & others could't overtake MM because Pedrosa was on going for the win, which raised the pace. Eventually Marq finished on the podium and won his first world title.

I've always admired Lorenzo's smooth style and his ability to get into a good dogfight whenever needed to. In his interviews, he often spoke technically and explained himself well, unlike - to an extreme degree - someone like Crutchlow.

Throughout 2014 & all this year, JLo was the one I was cheering on. And in the beauty of sports, it's sometimes nice to find a villain to complement a favorite, and that dislike went to Marquez.

Fast forward to the whole Phillip Island Sepang Valencia 2015 handbag show, and truth to it that Lorenzo was the fastest guy all around. You can't argue against certain numbers.

If he only knew how to handle the press and present himself neutrally, this would have been his storybook season.

Instead, he acted like a complete twat. The icing on the cake was his intended petition to be involved in the Rossi hearing.
And then there's that hand gesture on the Sepang podium directed at his own teammate.

I think at the end of the season, based on racing form, race pace practice, qualifying, Fridays, Saturdays, dry weather results, Lorenzo was the fastest. So based on those technicalities, one can argue that Lorenzo deserved the title.

But truth be told, I was cheering for Rossi instead, during Valencia. This goes back to my dislike for Marquez.
I'd go as far as to say that even if Marc did not interfere with Rossi's rhythm in Phillip Island & Sepang, it is doubtful that he could've beaten Lorenzo.

And if there were any doubts at all about Marquez's actions in Phillip Island or Sepang, then the clearest and most tell-tale gesture was MM not making a single pass at JL, but quickly defended his position against Pedro. Seriously, ask anyone who've matched MM closely throughout his career.....it was so blatant.

So it was because of Jorge's fall from grace, and more importantly Marc's dirty games, that I wanted Rossi to pull it off. It was always bordering on the impossible, but with a tiny amount of hope.

I feel I've side-tracked from the main topic, which is about Lorenzo's comments, but I also think this whole situation is so bizarre and complex that all factors must be brought up in order to better explain oneself.

A sports professional may sometimes fumble in front of the media. But Lorenzo was relentless; one after another he was farting up the wrong things to say and do. A world champion has real fighting spirit, and a will to win, but greed is to be avoided at all cost, in front of the networks.

On the other hand, what should Rossi have done after Phillip Island? Should he have kept quiet instead? Now that I've had time to reflect on it, I thought that Rossi did the right thing and brought it up on Thursday's session, to make it public.
What surprised me was that MM continued his tactics.
What disappointed me was JLo's bad taste.

And even if the whole scenario didn't happen in Phillip Island & Sepang, it would have boiled over in Valencia anyway.
If you think about it, with the pressure so high, and the almost-desperate-will to win, everyone was going to be jostling for position until the last of the 30 laps, and all kinds of scenario would have happened, and someone was most likely going to be at fault for costing another the title.

So all in all, it was The Best Season. Ever. Even with the controversy. Or, perhaps the only way to put it, this season was always going to end in some form of controversy, which is a result of three very talented riders all wanting to win.

But I reserve my biggest applause for Pedrosa, with his genuine grinning smile especially after his Sepang victory!
He rode to win, fought with all he had to recover from the surgery, and the most sincere guy amongst the three ego heads.

Chris The Welder

I first became a Lorenzo fan after his excellent controlled race at Valencia - was it 2013?

I remembered how Lorenzo was hoping his teammate - Rossi - will put some pressure on MM, and I thought JLo rode a masterful race in slowing down the pace. In the end, Rossi & others could't overtake MM because Pedrosa was on going for the win, which raised the pace. Eventually Marq finished on the podium and won his first world title.

I've always admired Lorenzo's smooth style and his ability to get into a good dogfight whenever needed to. In his interviews, he often spoke technically and explained himself well, unlike - to an extreme degree - someone like Crutchlow.

Throughout 2014 & all this year, JLo was the one I was cheering on. And in the beauty of sports, it's sometimes nice to find a villain to complement a favorite, and that dislike went to Marquez.

Fast forward to the whole Phillip Island Sepang Valencia 2015 handbag show, and truth to it that Lorenzo was the fastest guy all around. You can't argue against certain numbers.

If he only knew how to handle the press and present himself neutrally, this would have been his storybook season.

Instead, he acted like a complete twat. The icing on the cake was his intended petition to be involved in the Rossi hearing.
And then there's that hand gesture on the Sepang podium directed at his own teammate.

I think at the end of the season, based on racing form, race pace practice, qualifying, Fridays, Saturdays, dry weather results, Lorenzo was the fastest. So based on those technicalities, one can argue that Lorenzo deserved the title.

But truth be told, I was cheering for Rossi instead, during Valencia. This goes back to my dislike for Marquez.
I'd go as far as to say that even if Marc did not interfere with Rossi's rhythm in Phillip Island & Sepang, it is doubtful that he could've beaten Lorenzo.

And if there were any doubts at all about Marquez's actions in Phillip Island or Sepang, then the clearest and most tell-tale gesture was MM not making a single pass at JL, but quickly defended his position against Pedro. Seriously, ask anyone who've matched MM closely throughout his career.....it was so blatant.

So it was because of Jorge's fall from grace, and more importantly Marc's dirty games, that I wanted Rossi to pull it off. It was always bordering on the impossible, but with a tiny amount of hope.

I feel I've side-tracked from the main topic, which is about Lorenzo's comments, but I also think this whole situation is so bizarre and complex that all factors must be brought up in order to better explain oneself.

A sports professional may sometimes fumble in front of the media. But Lorenzo was relentless; one after another he was farting up the wrong things to say and do. A world champion has real fighting spirit, and a will to win, but greed is to be avoided at all cost, in front of the networks.

On the other hand, what should Rossi have done after Phillip Island? Should he have kept quiet instead? Now that I've had time to reflect on it, I thought that Rossi did the right thing and brought it up on Thursday's session, to make it public.
What surprised me was that MM continued his tactics.
What disappointed me was JLo's bad taste.

And even if the whole scenario didn't happen in Phillip Island & Sepang, it would have boiled over in Valencia anyway.
If you think about it, with the pressure so high, and the almost-desperate-will to win, everyone was going to be jostling for position until the last of the 30 laps, and all kinds of scenario would have happened, and someone was most likely going to be at fault for costing another the title.

So all in all, it was The Best Season. Ever. Even with the controversy. Or, perhaps the only way to put it, this season was always going to end in some form of controversy, which is a result of three very talented riders all wanting to win.

But I reserve my biggest applause for Pedrosa, with his genuine grinning smile especially after his Sepang victory!
He rode to win, fought with all he had to recover from the surgery, and the most sincere guy amongst the three ego heads.
Agreed. That's what I meant to say, I just didn't feel like typing that many words.

ray

"Lorenzo: I was better than Rossi in everything"

How can Lorenzo who came into the finals with a 7 point deficit be better than Rossi who had penalty points and started from the back of the grid? Lorenzo is just proving to be an idiot.

Anyway, such a disappointing end to the season. Lorenzo and Rossi were brilliant throughout and until 3 races back I was excited to see Rossi vs JLo at Valencia for the title. I even told my friends that JLO hasnt been dislikable this season and hence I will enjoy him winning the title too. But at the end..the better man dint win. Its still not conclusive who would have won in a proper battle. Could have gone either way. MM just made things worse by making it too easy for JLO.

Last edited:

ToraTora

Country flag
I don't remember JLo being on the podium as many times as Rossi in 2015. But maybe he thinks that isn't part of a championship.

Oh one thing JLo was better at this year--crashing. :p But Marky even beat him at that stat too. ;}