Moving to Germany

Izu

So, by around march next year I am planning to move to Deutschland (currently in India). And I wanted to know a couple of things.

Before I rant away, I will let you know that I've asked for a transport quotation, and moving the bike with me is not financially viable, which means that I will sell it here before I leave, which means I will not be making any significant upgrades.

With that out of the way, I am definitely going to continue riding. And I would like to know your opinion on whether I should buy an RC390 again when I get there or upgrade? I will be on a budget just after I move (understandably) so a more expensive motorcycle will have to wait.

Now in India I do NOT use my bike to commute at all, but maybe I can over there? Regardless of that I plan on purchasing a bicycle as soon as I get there (no license, no documentation needed, can take on public transport etc). But If the general road speeds are good over there then I might consider buying a motorcycle early. Motorcycles otherwise for me are restricted for fun only (mostly twisties, some scenic highways).

Other than that, how costly are track days over there? It will take me a long time to get all the stuff I need to start maintaining my bike by myself completely. So how costly will be the maintenance? I have heard that Austria (Österreich) has some amazing twisty roads in the alps, maybe that's true for the German alps as well?
What about the speed limit and road regulations (can I still have my share of fun in the mountains?).

Feel free to say anything else related to this even if I haven't actually asked it. I hope you get my drift. :D

Last edited:

zaster

Country flag
The weather can be your enemy over there, make sure you invest in good cold and rain gear.

Labor rates and taxes are high and you get hit with a 19% VAT on anything you purchase.

There are limited track riding opportunities due to the limited number of tracks and I can't speak to the fees.

If you are in southern Germany or near the alps, you will have an ample supply of twisies and mountain roads.

Speed limits are 100 to 120kmh on rural or state roads and unlimited on the autobahn.

Hope this helps