HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

So we have finished our Plug-n-Play LED Headlight Package that has 1 on Low, and BOTH on HIGH. (like the rest of the world has. )

Works great.

Looks Great.

The LED Headlights are so much brighter then stock of course.

Right now, we are currently just putting it through the paces, to make sure no issues.

Question is.........

The (4) Plugs, and wires..... what to do with them. There just isn't enough room between the Two Bulbs to stuff the wires in there.

So the options are (this will require you to go look at your bike to understand)

(1) Run the wires and plugs up above in the Space below the Dash. It's a huge amount of wasted space................. BUT........ you could see it looking through your windscreen from the Front. Some guys may not like that..?

OR

2) There is a small plastic shelf above the Radiator......... could mount them in there.

OR

3) We make a nice Plastic cover plate that screws in underneath the Front Fairing , ... it would be triangular shapped, mounts OEM using the OEM Screws... that acts like a little storage shelf. ... BUT this would add some cost.

OR

4) Just ziptie them under the Front Fairing and call it a day...... - Least Desirable.

Again..... please try and look at your bike, when you read this, so you have a good idea of what we are talking about.

Opinions ?

killer b6393

Make an option to include the nice plastic piece for the extra $$ and have the customers decided when they buy? I know myself will spend the extra money to hid them using the plastic piece under the radiator. That's my .02

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Make an option to include the nice plastic piece for the extra $$ and have the customers decided when they buy? I know myself will spend the extra money to hid them using the plastic piece under the radiator. That's my .02

Agreed..... options are good.

But, you misread our post.

The optional plate mounts under the Front Fairing.

The Radiator shelf location, is already there on your bike now. It's the upper fins.

diegs

I vote #2 or #3 (depending on cost). The nice thing of a kit is an OEM finish :)

As a sidenote I hope you guys will offer a few different color temperatures? In the video you posted the lights look pretty blue, I'd prefer more of a pure white (5000K?)

A1VW2NV

Country flag
I helped a buddy install HID's on his bike. We used double sided 3M tape and stuck his ballast to the inside of the fairings. I hate that wasted space under the instruments and if you can make a cover/filler panel that looks OEM, I'd say I like this option best. I also don't care for the blueish lights you show in your video. I'd prefer something in the 4300-5000K range.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Make some cover and put it on the wires. Use empty space below dash for wires.

Think we have it figured out.

These LED's are 6000 k...... which is according to the Kelvin Spectrum is PURE WHITE. also considered Daylight range.

You get the best distance and visibility out of PURE White light.

Treachery

Country flag
Question---maybe it should be in your other thread, but: How much heat do the bases of the LED lamps generate? Any issues with contact with other wiring or bodywork?

diegs

I can appreciate that 6000K may technically be white, but in practice they look fairly blue. Are the ones in your video 6000k? They look blue to me, especially compared to the LED DRLs right below the headlights.

I have a set of 5000K LEDs that I haven't figured out how to mount yet, but the color is about as white as I'd like.

raminlive

I can appreciate that 6000K may technically be white, but in practice they look fairly blue. Are the ones in your video 6000k? They look blue to me, especially compared to the LED DRLs right below the headlights.

True that..anything above 4300K is just a cool factor to be wowwed about and practical usability is typically zero during wet weather...the only gripe factor with LED's and where the HID's really shine is the color temp reproduction...Even with the same batch of LED's the color reproduction varies...That's a sad factor...

74d34h

So we have finished our Plug-n-Play LED Headlight Package that has 1 on Low, and BOTH on HIGH. (like the rest of the world has. )

Works great.

Looks Great.

The LED Headlights are so much brighter then stock of course.

Right now, we are currently just putting it through the paces, to make sure no issues.

Question is.........

The (4) Plugs, and wires..... what to do with them. There just isn't enough room between the Two Bulbs to stuff the wires in there.

So the options are (this will require you to go look at your bike to understand)

(1) Run the wires and plugs up above in the Space below the Dash. It's a huge amount of wasted space................. BUT........ you could see it looking through your windscreen from the Front. Some guys may not like that..?

OR

2) There is a small plastic shelf above the Radiator......... could mount them in there.

OR

3) We make a nice Plastic cover plate that screws in underneath the Front Fairing , ... it would be triangular shapped, mounts OEM using the OEM Screws... that acts like a little storage shelf. ... BUT this would add some cost.

OR

4) Just ziptie them under the Front Fairing and call it a day...... - Least Desirable.

Again..... please try and look at your bike, when you read this, so you have a good idea of what we are talking about.

Opinions ?

Opt 3, then 1. I was going to replace the bulbs with LED dropins but my wife wants the duals like my '15 R1

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

Wow, we saw the video again with our LED Lights, and they look blue on video.

but in real life, not even close.

We will have to adjust the COLOR TONE on the camera to show REAL WORLD Color.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Question---maybe it should be in your other thread, but: How much heat do the bases of the LED lamps generate? Any issues with contact with other wiring or bodywork?

They get HOT.......

The Back of the LED's have a large heat sink fan system.

But, when you think about it...... Halogens get so hot they burn your skin if you touch them........ so the LED's are not as hot as Hologens.

We just ran BOTH LED Lights (High and Low) at the same time ... for 4 hrs Straight........ with the bike siting still inside (no moving air flow)........ and nothing melted. ;-)

Our Battery charger was begging us to stop though.