New KTM RC390 in Alberta!

Botts

Country flag
Hello everyone!

I just purchased a 2017 RC390 for a wicked price. Sadly, with it being -15F today, with 3 inches of recent snow, it'll be a while before it comes home!

I bought the bike primarily for racing in the lightweight series here, although it'll probably get some commuting work to and from the office.

My other bikes are a 2017 Ducati SuperSport which is amazing, but a lighter bike is always nice to have, and a 2011 CBR250R, but that'll probably get sold once the weather turns around.

Any recommendations on tires for the RC390? The one that I bought has the Metzelers, but I'm considering the Rosso III or the Power RS.

CDN Duke

Country flag
You buy the one in Calgary?

I've been very happy with the Metzlers, switched to an M7RR on the rear when the original wore out.

Considering Bridgestone next not not fully decided yet. Wet weather performance for me is one of the key criteria and I've heard mixed reviews regarding the Power RS in the wet...

Botts

Country flag
Bought the one in Edmonton at Cycle Works. The pricing was fantastic.

My use is primarily track, so I'm less worried about wet but yeah, it has no sipes near the edge. The Q3+ might blow it away in the wet, and I know my local shop loves the Q3+. I have the Diablo Rosso III's on my Ducati and they're awesome, but the next set on that bike is probably Michelin Road 5.