New member from aus!!

terrytowler

Country flag
G'day Everyone , just wanted to say a quick hello and that i'm glad to be a part of this community. Picked up my brand new RC390 today and already went on a 100klm ride straight away today, WHAT A BIKE !!

Only MOD i did from shop was to get the Akrapovic Exhaust, but i'm sure there will be plenty more once i see what everyone else has done on here. If any riders in the Brisbane QLD area , send me a message if you wanna go for a ride.

Look forward to contributing and get lots of info from this forum.

Terrytowler.

oh btw i thought i would give a litle more info on background, haven't ridden for over 16 years and i used to hoon around on a RGV250 so thought this bike would be very similar in characteristics albeit less power and more weight but definitely a good bike to make a comeback !!

Last edited:

Chuditch

Hi Terry, Welcome Mate!

West Australian here... like you I had given riding motorbikes a long break but got back into it on the RC390. I thought it would be a a short transition as I rode a lot of bigger bikes (albeit on the wrong side of the law) as a young bloke, so I was going to move it on and go for a Triumph street triple or Super Duke. Now I have had the RC for a while the little bugger has grown on me, finally going for my open license (after over twenty years on my Restricted haha) in the next week or so but I really doubt the RC is going anywhere in a hurry. As you will see here in the forum, there are a few mods you can do to really wake this 'mini Panigale' up.

Cheers

Adam

terrytowler

Country flag
Cheers for the reply mate, sounds like we have very similar backgrounds in regards to riding!! After riding round her now for a couple of weeks it really does grow on you this bike, lots of fun and so easy to ride , so forgiving! I too have been extremely lazy in getting my opens but will once i get a few k's on this little beauty.

Safe riding, stay upright!

Terrytowler.

terrytowler

Country flag
Hey fellow aussies. Im up in townsville. Just ordered a new Rc 390 but only to race so not registered for the road.

Race RC390 would be awesome man , will have to go to a track day down here at QLD raceway as it's only a 15 min ride from where i live.

Good Luck.

bobtrx

Country flag
another aussie joins the clan

G'day all , mate and I went halves in a new RC 390 for track days no rego.Hopefully pick it up this week. From the dealer it will come with Akropovic can and link pipe + ( for fun )quick shifter. My local bike shop will run it in on the dyno , then broadford track later this month all going to plan. Ordered a set of GB engine covers to fit and looking around for frame/ axle sliders to complete the track protection. My problem will be fitting 100 kg fat old bastard into the bike:eek: , can't wait. I can smell suspensions mods.