New RC - Vintage rider

Vintage41

Country flag
Hi Y'all,
I'm a 75 year old retired engineer in S. Michigan, with many bikes and a small machine shop doing maintenance
and restoring of '60's to '80's bikes. Mostly Ducati and BMW, but others as well.
I got my RC in Oct '15 and just got enough miles on it to call it broken-in before the weather closed in.
While in the shop, I decided to change the clip-on bars to something higher in deference to my old wrists.
I got the Duke upper triple clamp and bar mounts and a used BMW K75S handlebar and swapped them.
My intended use for the bike is a mini sport bike with the roads of SE Ohio and the Smokies for fun.
If I take it to the track it would be just an open day at Gratton where I raced in AHRMA years ago.
I'm putting photos of the bike in the Body and Appearance section.

Last edited:

Vintage41

Country flag
Thanks folks - looking forward to the collective experience and knowledge on this forum.
To Chris the Welder - I ran AHRMA '89 - '93 - Raced 2 Ducatis - A '73 750 GT (Still have it) and a '70 Ducati 350 Mk III Desmo ( sold it some years ago) - silver and black - #65 both bikes.

Chris The Welder

I was in AHRMA during those years. Firebird and Vegas when it was across from Nellis. I was the first CB 350 out west here, and boy were the Duc owners pissed when I was kickin' their buts on my hundred dollar Honda. Did you know Dave Chrone? Big Ducatista.