New to the ktm family from Belgium!

Manbeard

Hi there folks!

I picked up my rc390 about 10 days ago.
This bike takes me back to my nsr 125 from back in the day. A lightweight low power bike that I can actually take through its gears without feeling criminal or suicidal about it!
I like the bike a lot, but the lack of descent finish did shock me a little. My bike even has a few paint drips and uncovered spots on the wheels...

I was very happy to see that in Belgium, the bikes come with Pirelli tires from stock, just like it does in the states!

The engine, though rough, I like a lot. It's starting to feel better and better as the miles roll along. First thing I did when I got home was take some of the useless weight off the bike.
Next up will probably be a new exhaust, race bubble screen, race monoseat, and a light battery.

I'll post some picks up when it starts to look different from all the other rc's!

mr-fabricator

Welcome to the forum manbeard . Congrats on the RC , theyre not perfect but they are at the same time :)

Ps , great user name :)

Regards lee ..

Chris The Welder

Welcome. I joined a few days ago, lurking on here for several weeks before that. It reminds me of hanging out in the paddock B.S.ing with the guys. It is true the RC is maybe a little rough around the edges, but that is what makes it unique, gives it it's personality. The great thing about having a bike is setting it up to suit ones own tastes/ riding style.

Manbeard

Welcome. I joined a few days ago, lurking on here for several weeks before that. It reminds me of hanging out in the paddock B.S.ing with the guys. It is true the RC is maybe a little rough around the edges, but that is what makes it unique, gives it it's personality. The great thing about having a bike is setting it up to suit ones own tastes/ riding style.

What gives it personality to me is it's quirky "good" looks, it's low weight and high revving single.
The terrible finish and build quality is what makes KTM a good profit-margin...

mr-fabricator

Good profit margin yes , but its also a good excuse to buy better parts . Well thats what i tell the wife ! Shes all about keeping me safe and safe riders need the best bits for their bikes .

Thats a win :)

Regards lee

Manbeard

I knew what I was buying so I'm sure as hell not complaining! Just bought a house and a new bike, so got to keep my spending to a limit, but I'll get there. Never been able to ride or drive a vehicle bone stock, although I really admire people that do.
Oh, and mr-fabricator: "Happy wife, happy life" right?

mr-fabricator

Absolutely.

My only fear in life is that when i die the wife will sell all my stuff for the price i told her i paid for it !!! Ha ha

Regards lee