Kootenanny

Not an RC owner (yet). Not a racer. Just an old fart with several decades of riding experience. Started riding in the late 70s, got hired as a riding instructor in the 80s, then hung up the helmet for a decade before getting back into it around the millenium.

Currently own two bikes, a Yamaha XT225 dual sport and a Buell XB9R Firebolt. The XT is a chugger, great for exploring back roads & trails and taking the shortcut when getting groceries, but my real love is riding the local twisty backroads on a precision handling machine. My Buell is great for this, and it will take a lot to convince me to give it up.

However, I've long said that I'd buy a small displacement sportbike if a good one was available, and with the RC390 I'm considering putting my money where my mouth is. If it measures up to the Buell, I'll be happy.

BTW, I live in the southeast interior of BC, a destination area for riders from all over western Canada. It's not NorCal, but it has it's charms.

nearenterprisecreek-0.jpg

Last edited:

Kootenanny

Get to know the Dealer first. Their actions may make the difference in your ownership experience!
One reason I'm considering the RC is that there is a local dealer. Not many dealers in my area, of any brand, so this is a big plus (there is no Harley dealer here, so I've been pretty much on my own with my Buell since I got it).

Welcome aboard! I'm riding a 2015 on the local twistiest around Nelson. The RC is pretty ideal for these roads in my opinion because of it's very usable power all the way through the rev rage. In other words, you can use all of the bike and really ride the heck out of it. Small cc but loads of fun! She's a little rough around the edges but with a few upgrades( see forum threads for extensive discussion) it'll put a big smile on you face. So far all of my experiences have been positive at Main Jet.

Treachery

Country flag
With your experience, I figure you'd find the RC to be a bag of giggles. I know I do. Read up, as a lot of the ownership experience can be affected by some of the built-in niggles of the bike itself, build quality, and support from the "mother ship." All-in-all though, big eff'n grins.

Kootenanny

Welcome aboard! I'm riding a 2015 on the local twistiest around Nelson...So far all of my experiences have been positive at Main Jet.
Yeah, Aaron seems like a good guy, always treats me well even though I've never bought a bike from him--I just show up at all the demo days they organize (hey, I'm a bit of a bike whore...I've ridden everything from 150cc scooters to Gold Wings to Harley choppers at demo days, usually opting for something I'd never ride otherwise...).

And Nelson, yes we have some good roads here. Like I said in my introduction, it's not northern California (if you've never been there, put it on your list), and we don't have scenery like the Rockies, but if you simply want to ride some good twisty canyon roads we've got a few that are the real deal.

img_0003_1-0.jpg