PCV testing

Ryanthegreat1

Thanks Chad! Your map is amazing and all of your efforts to dial in the tune are 100% noticed!

The bike is completely transformed, part throttle behavior is smooth and responsive. No more lean surge around town! Throttle transitions mid corner are now consistent. This is the way the bike should have come from the factory.

I have to learn how to ride this bike all over again. The lean surge was so bad I was riding around that area, so strange to be able to use all throttle positions and the entire rev range.

I completely recommend getting a PCV and Chad's maps.

Thanks Chad! Your map is amazing and all of your efforts to dial in the tune are 100% noticed!

The bike is completely transformed, part throttle behavior is smooth and responsive. No more lean surge around town! Throttle transitions mid corner are now consistent. This is the way the bike should have come from the factory.

I have to learn how to ride this bike all over again. The lean surge was so bad I was riding around that area, so strange to be able to use all throttle positions and the entire rev range.

I completely recommend getting a PCV and Chad's maps.

Good to see this thread come to life again - Totally agree with Ryanthegreat1 Chad transformed my bike also with the PCV and his map highly recommend commonwealth KTM

Ryanthegreat1

Had my first track day on the new PCV, amazing gains. That extra bump in torque below 7k is really felt pulling out of corners. Not to mention throttle transitions are butter smooth now.

I also went +1 on the front sprocket and with the added torque it still pulls nice. Was hitting ~114mph before letting off for turn 1. Before it was 110mph bouncing the rev limiter.

No idea on if I am faster, it was wet all morning and track temps stayed cool. Certainly pulled hard on the other RC390 that was at the track.

Dygear

I personally love the look of the stock exhausted, so I'm just wondering what kind of power increase I would be getting with PCV on this configuration.

• Stock KTM RC390 Exhausted
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Open Air Box Mod

I mostly want the PCV for the quick shift option, but added power is always welcome.

Ryanthegreat1

I personally love the look of the stock exhausted, so I'm just wondering what kind of power increase I would be getting with PCV on this configuration.

• Stock KTM RC390 Exhausted
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Open Air Box Mod

I mostly want the PCV for the quick shift option, but added power is always welcome.

About +1 HP at peak but +6-7 HP in the mid range. It is very noticeable.

That surge in power at 7500 is gone with just a fuller filling mid range.

Fasteddy

Country flag
1 up 5 down, "reverse pattern" is what I remember it being called, used to run most of my bikes reverse pattern because you can up shift quicker by pushing down rather then pulling up....

Dygear

I kinda had the feeling that was the case, thank you to the both of you for the answer. I agree that it's quicker to step on the lever to shift then it is to place my toe underneath it to shift up. From having to move my foot under the leaver, that would have to be greater than 100 milliseconds for the movement alone, doing that multiple times a lap would result in seconds saved. I've already heard this referred to as a "Racing Gearbox", I'm guessing there are many changes that would need to be made to engine to make this change possible. For the moment, I'll stick with the PCV and the K&N mod. Perhaps later on I'll look into making this a full race bike, but currently I'm enjoying the RC as my primary way of getting around town.

Bagwell

Country flag
Chad makes a map specifically for the PC5 with Stock Exhaust, Open Airbox lid mod, and K&N Air Filter. I paid more than that for the PC5 back when it first came out. Thats a great price for it.

ASM

POWER COMMANDER V FOR KTM 390

What is the difference between the Standard Shift and GP Shift?

The biggest advantage most racers and track day riders use it for is to make upshifts easier while being leaned over in left corners. Trying to get your foot under the shifter at lean is more difficult (and more mentally challenging) than simply pushing it. Having said that, there are racers at the professional level that rode and still ride with standard shift pattern (IIRC Mladin, Doohan, Biaggi, Walker)...

Eru_Illuvatar

Thanks for your answer.....My mechanic said that powertronic causes problems after a period to many ktms he has worked on.......also i will change the whole exhaust system amd the air filter so it is inevitable to spend much time for mapping....thankfully my mechanic has autotune so i believe this will facilitate the effort

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Appears the 200 needs an 18-006, but since we don't that the 125/200 here that's all I can go one. The powertronics is a very poor unit.