Andy

Country flag
Just done an oil filter change and found out engine casing bolts are made of cheese!

Has anyone fitted or got any gen on the Pro-Bolt kits?

Wondering whether it's worth shelling out some Pounds, Shillings and Pence on a kit. Any idea what's best Steel, Aluminium or Titanium!

Thanks

*Side note I splashed out 60p for a replacement bolt but in total with the postage it came to £6.91!!!

isaac_

Just done an oil filter change and found out engine casing bolts are made of cheese!

Has anyone fitted or got any gen on the Pro-Bolt kits?

Wondering whether it's worth shelling out some Pounds, Shillings and Pence on a kit. Any idea what's best Steel, Aluminium or Titanium!

Thanks

*Side note I splashed out 60p for a replacement bolt but in total with the postage it came to £6.91!!!

The bolts are made from recycled metal. Rule of thumb. Take a bolt off. Put a steel one in. No need to get super fancy with pro bolt.

no past

I'm in the process of changing all the bolts on a 2017 Gas Gas Enduro to titanium bolts purchased from Pro Bolt because it is worth it to me, for that bike. The company and the product is first rate. I highly recommend buying from them.
Critical bolts should be steel or titanium, NOT aluminum. Titanium is strong and light.
I don't have plans to put titanium bolts on the RC 390.