RC 390 Race Build

fitchsoccer342

Finally finished my build.

Bought this brand new from dealer, never been on the street, just for a track bike. Everything on the bike was done by myself, even the suspension and painting the fairings..

Before:

After:

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE
Akrapovic Slip-On w/ Bracket w/ db killer removed
K&N Air Filter
NGK LKAR8A-9 Spark Plug
Chinese quick turn throttle
MNNTHBX Intake Cover
MNNTHBX 46t Rear Sprocket (1.5lb lighter rotating weight)
Using Motul 5100 15w50 every 2 track days

BRAKING
Galfer 320mm Wave Rotor w/ Spacers
Spiegler Steel Braided Brake Lines
ABS Module Completely Removed & Speed Sensors
Brembo SC Pads
Brembo RCS 15 Master Cylinder
Brembo Reservoir Kit w/ tygon tubing
TWM Remote Adjuster
Motul RBF660 brake fluid

SUSPENSION & STEERING
Andreani 20mm Fully Adjustable Forks w/ Ohlins oil
Ohlins KT303 Rear Shock
Driven Racing Top Triple Clamp
Renthal 51mm Clip-Ons

ELECTRICAL
Power Commander V w/ Commonwealth KTM map
Shorai Lithium-Iron Battery LFX14A4-BS12 (1.8lbs)
Ignition Removed
R1 Start Switch
Kickstand Bypass

BODYWORK
KTM Powerparts Solo Seat
KTM Powerparts Belly Fairing
KTM Powerparts Bubble Windscreen
KTM Powerparts Cup Bike Graphics
Evotech Pillion Peg Removal Kit
Evotech Mirror Plates
Chinese eBay Gas Cap
Chinese eBay Clutch Lever
Renthal Grips, safety wired
MNNTHBX Tank Grip

CRASH PROTECTION
KTM Powerparts Rear Sets (GP Shift)
Chinese eBay Brake/Clutch Guards
Evotech Radiator Guard
Paddock Stand Bobbins

TIRES
Dunlop Alpha 13 110/70 front 150/60 rear
Running 31psi hot front, 31 hot rear

Last edited:

psych0hans

Country flag
WoW!!! Any pics of the finished product? you have a massive list of pretty amazing mods... Totally jealous... lol

What's the clearance of the RCS15? does it foul with the windscreen/fairings?

Bike looks great. I was am waiting to purchase Vesrah race pads for the front but how do you like the Brembo's? Also is there a reason you went with the Renthal clip ons vs the Driven?

Thanks for your time.

fitchsoccer342

Bike looks great. I was am waiting to purchase Vesrah race pads for the front but how do you like the Brembo's? Also is there a reason you went with the Renthal clip ons vs the Driven?

Thanks for your time.

Brembos felt great. I ran the bike at a couple different tracks in stock form, brakes sucked. I did all the mods at once, so i can't tell you how each individually felt, but with removing the ABS, adding big rotor, brembo pads, new lines, and RCS master cylinder.. the brakes are a million times better for feel & stopping. I reduced my time at a certain track by over 4 seconds with all these mods..

I chose the renthals because i have used them on every other bike and love how they have etched markings on the actual bars themselves to lineup easy - the drivens don't. They are 7 degree angle and 39mm offset.. not sure what the Drivens are. To each there own..

lastfantazy

Brembos felt great. I ran the bike at a couple different tracks in stock form, brakes sucked. I did all the mods at once, so i can't tell you how each individually felt, but with removing the ABS, adding big rotor, brembo pads, new lines, and RCS master cylinder.. the brakes are a million times better for feel & stopping. I reduced my time at a certain track by over 4 seconds with all these mods..

I chose the renthals because i have used them on every other bike and love how they have etched markings on the actual bars themselves to lineup easy - the drivens don't. They are 7 degree angle and 39mm offset.. not sure what the Drivens are. To each there own..

Would the brakes be better if I change to Brembo, but still have ABS on it?

fitchsoccer342

Would the brakes be better if I change to Brembo, but still have ABS on it?
I'm sure it's an advantage over stock. If your just street riding though I'm not sure if you would truly notice the difference, maybe you would, maybe you wouldnt. If you are getting on the track, I'm sure you notice it there.

Before I took off all of the ABS routing brake lines, I switched to the EBC pads that came from the brake line kit I purchased from one of the site suppliers. The improvement was worth the cost of changing the pads. parillaguy

lastfantazy

I'm sure it's an advantage over stock. If your just street riding though I'm not sure if you would truly notice the difference, maybe you would, maybe you wouldnt. If you are getting on the track, I'm sure you notice it there.

Thank you very much, yeah mostly I ride on street but I just think it would be better if I could have better brakes.

lastfantazy

Hi, I have change my brakes to brembo rcs but I got one problem. The brakes cylinder hit the wind screen when I do fully turn to the left (my wind screen is the stock one). Is this problem will gone if I change to powerparts wind screen?

P.s. the brakes is much better.

Thank you

fitchsoccer342

Hi, I have change my brakes to brembo rcs but I got one problem. The brakes cylinder hit the wind screen when I do fully turn to the left (my wind screen is the stock one). Is this problem will gone if I change to powerparts wind screen?

P.s. the brakes is much better.

Thank you

Mine clears, but its very close, see pic. I also have clipons, which probably helps since its a bit lower down. I know my friend is running the RCS 15 on his rc390 with stock clipons, but the race windscreen, and his clears slightly like mine. But remember, this is with the brembo reservoir kit, you don't have to use it. On my RSV4 i mounted the reservoir on the clip on bolt.

lastfantazy

Mine clears, but its very close, see pic. I also have clipons, which probably helps since its a bit lower down. I know my friend is running the RCS 15 on his rc390 with stock clipons, but the race windscreen, and his clears slightly like mine. But remember, this is with the brembo reservoir kit, you don't have to use it. On my RSV4 i mounted the reservoir on the clip on bolt.

Thank you, I have already order the Race windscreen. It will arrived next week. I'll will update after put it on.

tecknojoe

Country flag
Did you dyno before and after removing the db killer? I would think it would drop power due to loss of back pressure

fitchsoccer342

Did you dyno before and after removing the db killer? I would think it would drop power due to loss of back pressure
Nah, its negligible anyways. I talked with a motoamerica 390 rider, and they are required to have them in when they race but he said they intentionally unscrew them prior to race start so they fall out during the race to get more power.