RC 390 Race Build

psych0hans

Country flag
Nah, its negligible anyways. I talked with a motoamerica 390 rider, and they are required to have them in when they race but he said they intentionally unscrew them prior to race start so they fall out during the race to get more power.
Wouldn't that cause a safety hazard on the track?

Muckabucka

Country flag
Nah, its negligible anyways. I talked with a motoamerica 390 rider, and they are required to have them in when they race but he said they intentionally unscrew them prior to race start so they fall out during the race to get more power.

Someone is BSing you. Last thing you would want is a field of 30+/- bikes dropping db killers all over the track. Not to mention that they would fail tech after the race and be disqualified.

fitchsoccer342

Someone is BSing you. Last thing you would want is a field of 30+/- bikes dropping db killers all over the track. Not to mention that they would fail tech after the race and be disqualified.
Probably.. Wasn't taking it to heart, just relaying what I heard.. hence why I said it's negligible

Muckabucka

Country flag
Well it's a stupid thing to perpetuate since you think the performance gains/losses are negligible, and obviously it would be ignorant to dump parts on a racetrack. Do some research back it up with facts before you regurgitate crap that is dangerous to others.

Last edited:

fitchsoccer342

Well it's a stupid thing to perpetuate since you think the performance gains/losses are negligible, and obviously it would be ignorant to dump parts on a racetrack. Do some research back it up with facts before you regurgitate crap that is dangerous to others.
Geesh, was just relaying what I heard.. this is a forum.. open for discussion, I don't need to research and present facts before I post. I simply posted what a motoamerica guy told 3 of us here on the forum while we were talking to him at the track.

Geesh, was just relaying what I heard.. this is a forum.. open for discussion, I don't need to research and present facts before I post. I simply posted what a motoamerica guy told 3 of us here on the forum while we were talking to him at the track.
I would be careful to say things like this as to people thinking it is okay to do on the track. Whoever told you this at MotoAmerica should have been black flagged or DQed. On another note the DB killer on the Akro and most other exhausts has a remove able rubber grommet on the tire side of the exhaust to access the Allen bolt.image.jpg

fitchsoccer342

I would be careful to say things like this as to people thinking it is okay to do on the track. Whoever told you this at MotoAmerica should have been black flagged or DQed. On another note the DB killer on the Akro and most other exhausts has a remove able rubber grommet on the tire side of the exhaust to access the Allen bolt.View attachment 1882
Yeah but for some reason on I believe the US model rc390 akra db killers, they put a tamper proof bolt instead of an allen. Mine had it, but used a bolt extractor to get it off.

=maz=

Country flag
Ah ha...so you have plenty of time to do a write up on stripping the bike for weight saving with racing in mind?! :)

fitchsoccer342

New for 2016:
- Dynojet Quickshift
- Starlane Corsaro GPS Laptimer
- Motion Pro REV-2 Throttle Kit (on back-order)

The quickshifter mates perfectly with the KTM Factory rearsets, you do not need rod-B from HardRacing if you do buy it from them. I bought rod-b, but you don't need it.

revmapper

Could you please specify about the clip ons. Is renthal making clip ons for KTM and is it 51mm? Because I have been to sites where it says that 51mm Renthal are for specific bikes like Ducati , Kawa.. , Aprillia
Thanks

isaac_

Any should 51 mm should work. I recommend woodcraft but any should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk