Returning rider - Melbourne Australia

Blinxnot

Country flag
Hello everyone - returning to riding after a 15 year break - family commitments etc - I am picking up a KTM RC 390 next Tuesday - an ex demo with approx. 280 klm on clock. When I saw the KTM RC 390 when it was initially released I really wanted one and now looking forward to spending some time with my first KTM. Previously I had Kawasaki's then BMW's - my last bike I owned was a BMW R1100S.
So hello everyone and looking forward to my new life as a KTM rider!

=maz=

Country flag
Welcome back...enjoy.

I would suggest, seeing as you're buying a Demo, that you get the valve clearances and first service thrown in for free as the bike will not have been run-in correctly(voice of experience here who also purchased a Demo model).

Kootenanny

Welcome back!

I went through the same kind of thing--rode in the 70s and 80s, took a 15 year break, then started up again just after the millennium. I happened across the same bike as the last one I'd owned in the 80s (Yamaha 550 Seca), and felt immediately at home on it. Bought my Buell Firebolt soon after (a great bike!) and just recently downsized to the RC390. Feel I'm a better rider now than I ever was in the 80s, even though I was employed back then as a riding instructor...motorcycles are basically the same, but man, modern chassis, suspension, and tires make a huge difference!

Blinxnot

Country flag
Picked the bike today great to be back on a bike again felt very comfortable riding the ktm from Peter Stevens ktm in Abbotsford. Will be on the ktm again tomorrow. One thing I noticed was the fans activated a few time riding in slow stop start city traffic not a hot day in Melbourne today is this the norm for the RC 390?