"Service Not Reset"

cornerslider

Can anybody tell me how to reset the service reminder? I just did the 600 mile service (myself). Is there a way I can do it, or is it a "dealer only" thing? I checked my manual, and didn't see anything about it....... Maybe I missed it? Any help would be appreciated-

D

Deleted member 452

I found the same instructions on Youtube last weekend and it worked for me : )

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Your dealer is the one that should be ashamed...

Worse than that... your dealer is one that should be avoided going forward. Crap like that REALLY pisses me off. Everyone needs to buy groceries, afford gas, and pay their other bills... but that is paramount to gouging. It's one thing to not tell them how to do it themselves (some just want the dealer to do it) but honestly... this is a 30 second operation. The dealership had the opportunity to "buy" some serious goodwill there with a "Normally we'd charge for something like that but for YOU let's just get you fixed up!" and walk over to the customers bike, reset it, and tell them if they need any help with their bike later, you know where we will be." and zip. Done. A small action like that can buy you WAY more goodwill than any amount of marketing or discounts or whatever. Metals, which dealer did this? I'd like to forward that along the channel to my local KTM dealer rep. Charging a customer $40 to do that is something I'm betting (HOPING!!!) that KTM USA would severely frown upon... and I'd like to discuss the matter with them. I need to know which dealer it was tho.

RobbiRob76

My dealer told me on my last oil change that since I did not let them change the air filter, I would have to come back on Monday and get approval my the service manager to have them reset, with a plug in device to reset. (I picked the bike up on a Saturday and the "Manager" was not there.) I went home, asked the question and got the same answer from you guys. I did it, then rode back to the dealership and told the owner he needs to get his people in line and I was never coming back... The owner called me and the kid who delivered the bike upon pick up from oil change did know how to do it and was stalling for time. He was going to have me come in Monday (missing work) because he was too embarrassed to admit he didn't know how to do it... Bad employees and bad practices will be the death of the brick and mortar world...