cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Stock unit

IMG_6072.JPG

I have been modifying and looking for more gains with the engine kit! I lightly blended the bore, cleaned up/radiused shaft and tapered throttle plate on first iteration.

IMG_6132.JPG

Dyno data was collected same day back to back on stock throttle body to modified one. Found over a horse from 8-9.5k and a 1/2 hp peak gain with no losses anywhere! Very minimal mapping change was required as well.

tbmod1.jpg

I have another throttle body mod'ed just waiting to find time to test on dyno. This one has been half shafted, new lower profile plate screws, all bore/casting transitions cleaned up/smoothed PLUS others. Should result in a 10 cfm increase over stock t.b. The throttle body has become the new restrictor inline on kit stuff. Not that it didn't make good power/gains before but always looking for more :D.

IMG_6148.JPG

Will post data on latest mod when I have it. Could be offering a throttle body service in near future, stay "tuned".

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I have used bored throttle bodies in several applications/builds. My guy (only one I trust do to properly) was too busy to do and would've had to make a new jig to do these. Boring one does not always produce better results. I have seen several engines where I thought it would benefit from a larger bore looking at all the data, and they went the wrong way! Only one way to find out though.... There are some nice taper features in this throttle body I believe that by boring out of could hinder performance elsewhere. The boring part is easy, getting plate made the right way is hard part, lots of places out there do them wrong/cheap. I won't use or do.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The half shaft did pick up some more mid and peak power. I do not care to share dyno results :p at this time. I am only doing them for my racers. Those gains are only seen on full kit builds. I don't believe it is needed on a stocker. If anyone is interested please contact me.

Thanks Chad
Totally understand about not posting Dyno data ;)
Good to hear you got a bit more out of it.
Have you had any issues with the butterfly or screws coming loose with the half shaft mod. Do you locktight or pein the end of the thread for security.
Id hate for one of those screws to find its way into the barrel.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
They get red loctited by me on half shaft, they are peined from the factory, you have to grind them off to extract. I replace with a SS button head low profile for half shaft mod.
Thanks Chad
Totally understand about not posting Dyno data ;)
Good to hear you got a bit more out of it.
Have you had any issues with the butterfly or screws coming loose with the half shaft mod. Do you locktight or pein the end of the thread for security.
Id hate for one of those screws to find its way into the barrel.

D

Deleted member 452

Mine's been working great for the last 8.5K miles! Throttle tip-in below 6K RPMs is a little more abrupt regardless of PCV tuning but it does pull harder up top : )

streetfighter

The half shaft did pick up some more mid and peak power. I do not care to share dyno results :p at this time. I am only doing them for my racers. Those gains are only seen on full kit builds. I don't believe it is needed on a stocker. If anyone is interested please contact me.

Will this mod be offered as part of the engine kit? I am still waiting for the availability date of your engine kit... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk