Tires for track?

Tito_gsx

Super stoked I'm getting my rc next week. Wondering what track tires people are running. Rc cup runs dunlop alpha 13 which is preferred choice. Not sure what they cost and where to get them. Comments appreciated

Tito_gsx

How do you like pirelli's? What compound did you get? How many track days are you expecting? My experience with pirelli is that they have good feel but softer carcass and more squirm compared to dunlop. Also dunlop wears better.

How do you like pirelli's? What compound did you get? How many track days are you expecting? My experience with pirelli is that they have good feel but softer carcass and more squirm compared to dunlop. Also dunlop wears better.

I love Pirelli. Totally trust them on all my race bikes.
RC390: SuperCorsa SC1 front SC2 rear
Half a season racing sprints and practice. I don't give up any wear to Dunlop on our SV650 Endurance bikes with a good setup. Bridgestone do tend to wear better but the harder compound doesn't stick as well.
We expect them to easy do 12 hours of endurance racing. = what 6-7 track days? A season of TD's depending how fast you are?
Pirelli gives lots of warning before letting go. The softer carcass is more forgiving if you run out of suspension.

Last edited:

micahpearlman

I love Pirelli. Totally trust them on all my race bikes.
RC390: SuperCorsa SC1 front SC2 rear
Half a season racing sprints and practice. I don't give up any wear to Dunlop on our SV650 Endurance bikes with a good setup. Bridgestone do tend to wear better but the harder compound doesn't stick as well.
We expect them to easy do 12 hours of endurance racing. = what 6-7 track days? A season of TD's depending how fast you are?
Pirelli gives lots of warning before letting go. The softer carcass is more forgiving if you run out of suspension.

Last weekend with 3 practice sessions and 3 races they looked surprisingly worn plus some tearing. I'm guessing the stock suspension was responsible. Absolute stick. Great tires. I've heard the cup guys (Brok McAlister father of Gage who won the last Cup race) complaining that the Dunlop A13 where not as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocketracer11

Michelin supermoto slicks 120/160's... Soooooo much grip it's cheating... Had to modify front fender 1/2 inch risers at mount points to clear the front. Happy Camper now hated the 110

emeglasson

I couldn't find the supercorsa's available anywhere for sale. What size did you go with? something different than stock, I'm assuming? I went with the Dunlop Unbeaten 02, in stock sizes. I did my first proper track day yesterday on them and loved them. I felt totally confident, not a single slip, and was lapping the track faster than I ever managed on my R6. (yes, its a tighter, twistier track) disclaimer: I'm a track day rider, not a super experienced racer.
Curious who is using 140 rear vs. 150. I'm not getting very close to the edge on the 150's, but a friend on 140's doing a bit slower laps is all the way to the edge, which would make me a bit nervous.

143.jpg

mr-fabricator

Ive been running. a13's and think theyre good , not allowed to run supercorsa so no point trying them ( they are on my r6 and very good ) UB02 are next to try on the RC and should be better still than the A13

mr-fabricator

Ps im sticking with the 150 rear . I understand people who like the 140 but i like the contact patch and bike geometry set for 150.

What pressures are you running ???

emeglasson

On the Dunlop UB02 I ran 25 front, 27 rear, cold. They stayed around 28 front, 30 rear, hot. That pressure recommendation came from a Dunlop tire seller / installer at the track.