Used bike maintenance

zx2slow

Bought a used rc390 with an unknown history. All signs point to a gentle life before my ownership but it's not known if the previous owner maintained it.

So far I have changed the oil and replaced the filter & screens, flushed and replaced the coolant, cleaned/lubed and adjusted the chain. Clutch and throttle adjustment were checked too.

I have a new spark plug, air filter, and fuel filter coming in next week. I will flush the brake fluid when I do this as well.

Is there anything I am overlooking?

mattv

Country flag
The first service includes a valve clearance check/adjustment. I would try to find out if that was done. It's important on these bikes, imo.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
^^^ What mattv said. Check valve clearance. If it's a 2015 there were a few early issues with bikes not having their swingarm bearings greased, and some bikes (mostly racers) had issues with some nuts backing off, but that will either present itself, or not, and I wouldn't open things up unless you were going in there already. Not knowing the miles or year it's difficult to make many more recommendations as you hit on all the big ones other than valve clearances. Is the bike completely stock otherwise?