What 390 engines fit into a 2015 frame?

RickCrespo

Country flag
Hello All,

New to KTM RC390, and looking for information about motor swaps. I have a 2015, all is running fine, but I am trying to plan ahead for this dreaded gasket failure that I am sure is coming. Is it possible to fit a newer rc 390 engine into the 2015 frame? I have read that electronics maybe an issue with displaying neutral, but if I do this, I would be swapping engine plus full electronics.

thanks in advance.

Rick

Danieljoe

Country flag
Hi there,
Swapping a newer RC 390 engine into a 2015 frame is technically feasible, but it's a complex endeavor. While the engine itself may fit physically, integrating the newer electronics could pose challenges, particularly with systems like displaying neutral. It would require significant expertise in motorcycle mechanics and electrical systems to ensure everything functions properly. I'd recommend consulting with a skilled mechanic or a specialized workshop to explore this further and assess the feasibility and potential complications involved.
Best of luck with your project!

1JZSupra

Country flag
Just got the parts and have them on stand by. You can easily do the repair at home for pretty cheap and about a week's worth of work on your end.