What a mess... FUEL FLOW ISSUE

TGates

Hey guys I searched through the forum before posting this to help streamline this tedious process. 2015 KTM RC390 Dual Yoshi exhaust full system, Bazzazz fuel controller installed. Ive had issues throughout the ownership of this bike including overheating, vibrations at low RPM and other small annoyances. So last week I was on the highway doing about 70 and the engine cut out. Was popping as if it was struggling to get gas to the engine. ( @ quarter tank ) I crossed 3 lanes of traffic while coasting and had to jump the grass barrier between frontage road. Had I not been aware of the situation and quick thinking I would have probably been hit by traffic. At the point of ordering a new fuel pump but was wondering if anyone has had this issue before I drop another 400$ into this abomination of a bike. My last option is to tie my bike in my friends truck loosely and hit some bumps on a backroad.

Diploman

Have you tried filling the tank and then starting? The fuel pickup hose may be twisted or displaced and not able to pick up fuel from the very bottom of the tank.

Last edited:

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
How to you know it's a fuel supply issue? I would not order a fuel pump until proper diagnosis has been performed. How much fuel was in tank, for sure a 1/4 tank, opened and verified? What did you do, add fuel? To make it run properly. Any other info would help..