Which non digital air pressure gauge should I buy??????

bkruk

Live in the middle of nowhere and mostly buy online so as the thread title says....................

Treachery

Country flag
I have the QuickCar liquid filled. That's the one that I use when I'm being particular (for instance at the track). It's liquid-filled, so it's less susceptible to damage if you drop or bang it. You bleed it (flip lever) before use to equalize to the atmospheric pressure at the moment. It's readable to 1/2 pound increments, has a bleed button to adjust pressure, and the chuck (at the end of a decent-length hose) is constructed so it's easier to hold on to the valve stem. This particular one is 0-40 psi, but I think that they have a wider-range version as well. Thinking is that the narrower the range, the greater accuracy.

Parts (seals for the chuck, the rubber cushioning ring) are available. $40 from Summit Racing.

That's a long explanation to say that it's accurate and durable.

I have another dial gauge that I use a fair part of the time when I know that I'll be adding air. It clips onto the valve stem (which can be fiddly), and you can fill though the gauge. I don't remember the name right now, but I can find it for you when I get home, if you like,

HTH.

bkruk

Appreciate the help guys! Ended up going with a motion pro digital, didn't really want the hassle of dealing with batteries but the accuracy of the digital was just too good to ignore.