Who LOVES their RC390, and why?

SneakyOwl

I havn't even done anything to the bike yet, and I love it so far after owning it since february.
The fact that you can get a bike this great at such a low pricepoint baffles me.

The most fun in the bike is crushing liter bikes in twisties

KTManny

I'm totally in love with my bike. It's been modded to high hell and it's an absolute cracker of a machine. I don't regret buying it for one minute and can't stop staring at it whenever I get a chance...

What is that yellow shock you are rocking there? tell me more...

TennisFreak

Has everyone here that is loving their bike and not having problems with it get the valves checked at 600 miles?

Just seeing how "necessary" it is.

veetard

Has everyone here that is loving their bike and not having problems with it get the valves checked at 600 miles?

Took mine in fir the service at like 800 miles. I don't know what they checked besides changing the oil...

psych0hans

Country flag
Not aftermarket, but modded ducati hanger/brembo caliper. I think I have a post somewhere with a closer photo.

Can you please give me more details, as I have a brembo calliper lying with me which I want to install. What hanger did you use and what mods did you do it it? I think it's a P34 calliper. Thank you :)

cornerslider

I did mine (myself) at 600 miles. All valves were right in the middle of the spec. I've heard of others that were way off at 600 miles? Checking the valves is a royal pain on the RC, but I'll be doing it again in a few thousand miles....

First bike, love it. I've had some snags (side-stand sensor switch fault, turned my engine off at stop light two times) but I love it for its uniqueness, its sex appeal and its performance.

hamishl

Country flag
I got my RC after my first bike (Duke 200) got stolen after a month, and I decided I was confident enough for a sportier bike. I'll admit I bought it because I thought it looked cool and "felt" the sportiest after also testing a Ninja 300 and an R3 (the DR-Z400SM I also tested felt great, but the seat was way too tall for me to feel confident).

I've now got around 10,000km on it, and still I get excited to jump on it every morning, even though I know I'm just riding to work. I mostly commute on it, but it's also been great on longer trips, and I went to my first track day back in April (our Autumn). Having not ridden any bikes with decent suspension, I can't tell you about the bikes limitations at the track, but they were certainly higher than mine (I won't be needing knee sliders any time soon :D). The ABS saved me from a trip into the gravel trap a couple of times, but I spent most of my time at the track braking later and cornering faster than the guys on the bigger bikes in the novice group. I can't wait to get back!!

No issues yet (touch wood) other than a couple of loose fasteners in the undertray, and a few broken rear-brake levers from dropping it in my first few months of ownership :( I went for cheap CNC levers of ebay eventually, and the one time I've dropped the bike since there was barely a scratch!

Muckabucka

Country flag
I think it was a monster 696 style hanger? I don't recall offhand though I had to have a spacer made to take up the slack, and it may have been offset a bit too? I don't recall. I would have to pull the caliper off and measure, but the bike is in my storage space, so it may be a while till I get to it.

Can you please give me more details, as I have a brembo calliper lying with me which I want to install. What hanger did you use and what mods did you do it it? I think it's a P34 calliper. Thank you :)

Paint&Polish

Bought mine in april, only have 400 miles so far , with not 1 problem. I need to say it is the funnest bike i have owned,I have had everything you can think of from many scooters all the way to 1100 drag bikes with spray and wheely bars. Only mods so far are ,1.6 bar radiatior cap, some carbon fiber wrapped parts,and fender eliminater. The thing gets questions everywhere i take it, and won best bike at local show, only because no one had ever seen one. Very happy with it!

micah360

I just installed the catless Akrapovic unit... and like this little bike even more now! I have almost 4,000 miles on her and no problems except for some loose bolts and a flat tire (from me riding like a maniac on dirt roads in the Rocky Mountains for two days).

My valves were checked at the 600 mile service and were in-spec.

unicorn_violence

This negative cycle is getting me down, so I thought I would start a positive post.
thank you for starting this thread! i know we had mentioned this in a previous thread, and its glad to see some people who have some positive views on this bike.

I'm still loving my bike, over 3500 miles on the track now with no issues! its such a fun bike to ride, even for someone like me who is probably way too tall to be riding the thing. every time im at the track, someone comes up to check out the bike.probably the best part is passing super sport riders on the outside of corners. im sure they get dumbfounded when they see someone as large as me flying on such a small bike!
it does suck that this bike has all the QC issues. it certainly rolls out of the factory with a lot of wrinkles. however, once the wrinkles are ironed out, this bike is an absolute gem.
i will say that after sitting on the other 300 bikes in this category, im glad i bought the RC, regardless of QC issues. the R3's seat is WAY to close to the rear sets for me to ride on the thing effectively, same with the ninja. its a hard knock life being 6ft5:p

F3TtXPl.jpg

lT9NqEp.jpg

XWXleFG.jpg

green_bread

Country flag
the R3's seat is WAY to close to the rear sets for me to ride on the thing effectively

Can confirm this and Im only 5'11". I rode a friends R3 at NCM after our last race of the year and I couldnt believe how cramped I felt on the bike. Reminded me of riding my old CBR250R.... only worse, maybe.

thank you for starting this thread! i know we had mentioned this in a previous thread, and its glad to see some people who have some positive views on this bike.

I'm still loving my bike, over 3500 miles on the track now with no issues! its such a fun bike to ride, even for someone like me who is probably way too tall to be riding the thing. every time im at the track, someone comes up to check out the bike.probably the best part is passing super sport riders on the outside of corners. im sure they get dumbfounded when they see someone as large as me flying on such a small bike!
it does suck that this bike has all the QC issues. it certainly rolls out of the factory with a lot of wrinkles. however, once the wrinkles are ironed out, this bike is an absolute gem.
i will say that after sitting on the other 300 bikes in this category, im glad i bought the RC, regardless of QC issues. the R3's seat is WAY to close to the rear sets for me to ride on the thing effectively, same with the ninja. its a hard knock life being 6ft5:p

Great post Unicorn Violence. I'm 6'2", so I can sympathize. (But 6'5"??? damn.)

unicorn_violence

Great post Unicorn Violence. I'm 6'2", so I can sympathize. (But 6'5"??? damn.)

the struggle is real!! here is an old pic of me just sitting on the bike. i look like im sitting on a minimoto or something.
EpQvv6y.jpg

it also looks goofy from behind. here is a vid of me passing someone during the last race of the season. it doesn't take much for me to drag knee, as you can tell by the vid,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZbmCO2Jv_g

even more interesting, is that i absolutely SUCK at basketball lol