who runs slippers?

mdabyo

Country flag
Finally getting to race the RC has given me a desire to get a slipper into it sooner than i planned. For my track a slipper will be more valuable for me than the brembo upgrade i was planning to do next. My biggest issues are a few downhill off camber corners where i am hard breaking into. Currently i am either downshifting early or not at all as the bike gets way to unstable when i do so and this is causing me to be too low in the revs coming out of the corner. just wondering how many others are running the yoyo slipper? its a lot of coin so having reservations about ordering it.

isaac_

Oh I so want one too. I think a slipper is an absolute must for any racebike. Especially little bikes where your braking zone and shift zone is tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_bread

Country flag
Have you tried moving all the way back in the seat when braking for those corners? I have the same issue with a few downhill braking zones and the rear end wants to hop all over the place. Adding a little preload on the front end helped so it doesnt dive so much and helps to keep some of the weight on the rear. Moving my butt all the way back also helps quite a bit with keeping things settled while braking. Its also allowed me to get a better feeling of what the bike wants to do under the brakes and instead of hopping around in to those corners, I am now able to back it in a little bit.

Are you able to hear the rear tire squealing when this happens?

mdabyo

Country flag
no rear tire squealing but it was bouncing around pretty good! no issues while braking in general really just on downshift did it unsettle the bike. i cant put any more preload in the front as the springs are too light i think (already contacted hardracing on this as i think they may have shipped me way to lite of springs). I cant get anywhere near proper sag even with the preload dialed all the way in (which i wont run, i hate how it makes the bike feel) so i backed it out to about 8mm of preload and the bike felt alright, just softer than i would prefer.

isaac_

no rear tire squealing but it was bouncing around pretty good! no issues while braking in general really just on downshift did it unsettle the bike. i cant put any more preload in the front as the springs are too light i think (already contacted hardracing on this as i think they may have shipped me way to lite of springs). I cant get anywhere near proper sag even with the preload dialed all the way in (which i wont run, i hate how it makes the bike feel) so i backed it out to about 8mm of preload and the bike felt alright, just softer than i would prefer.

My suspension guy would tell you to forget about sag. Get the right spring rate and set the preload. These bikes need heavy springs. If you go light you're going to be dancing around.

amirossi21

Finally getting to race the RC has given me a desire to get a slipper into it sooner than i planned. For my track a slipper will be more valuable for me than the brembo upgrade i was planning to do next. My biggest issues are a few downhill off camber corners where i am hard breaking into. Currently i am either downshifting early or not at all as the bike gets way to unstable when i do so and this is causing me to be too low in the revs coming out of the corner. just wondering how many others are running the yoyo slipper? its a lot of coin so having reservations about ordering it.
Currently I am using the 2017 rc390 slipper clutch. Now the bike feel better response n also the slipper help when u brake hard entering corner. U can consider using it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk