Windscreens and blanking plates

Andy

Country flag
On the bubble windscreens (road and race versions) the pictures show them fitted with blanking plates where the mirrors go. Do these come with the windscreens or are they available separately?

R&G etc do other versions which are smaller but don't follow the lines/contours like those in this picture.

90508965000.jpg

Ryanthegreat1

I just bought a street version of the race bubble screen and it did not come with the filler plates.

Edit: Geez KTM could not even avoid stripping the allen head screw for the photoshoot. Yay QC.

psych0hans

Country flag
On the bubble windscreens (road and race versions) the pictures show them fitted with blanking plates where the mirrors go. Do these come with the windscreens or are they available separately?

R&G etc do other versions which are smaller but don't follow the lines/contours like those in this picture.

View attachment 2168

I believe a vendor on this forum stocks them, I think it was mnnthbx or someone.

reenmachine

Country flag
The ones shown come with the cup bike race screen (the one with no headlight cutout). MNNTHBX (forum sponsor) makes machined aluminum ones.

74d34h

I got the cup screen from AOMC, it came with them.

KTM Racing Bubble Windscreen RC390: AOMC.mx

This is a great find. I have a question, can this be mounted on stock fairings with the lights in place? I am doing the LED conversion on my wife's bike. This will allow us to just unhook the connectors for trackdays. It would be a bonus if the screen covers the lights like the picture while providing blockoffs for the mirrors for trackdays.

reenmachine

Country flag
This is a great find. I have a question, can this be mounted on stock fairings with the lights in place? I am doing the LED conversion on my wife's bike. This will allow us to just unhook the connectors for trackdays. It would be a bonus if the screen covers the lights like the picture while providing blockoffs for the mirrors for trackdays.

Not really a find...it's the cup bike windscreen and I don't think it's what you're looking for. It may be able to go on with the lights in place (I seem to recall that the LED running lights have to come off) but the portion over the headlights is frosted and will reduce their effectiveness.

I got the version of the racing bubble windscreen that has the cutout for the lights (doesn't come with the block-offs) and then got the MNNTHBX mirror wedges. They improve the position of the mirrors for the street, and also act as a block-off for the track. Not as attractive as the OEM cup bike blockoffs or the MNNTHBX ones, but does the trick.

3155546_orig.jpg

9984597_orig.jpg

tecknojoe

Country flag

I wouldn't do that, as mentioned, your lights won't be very bright. You're looking for this: KTM Moto3 Racing Bubble Windscreen RC390: AOMC.mx

It will provide you with better wind reduction but still allow you to use your lights.