A Brit a board

Child

Hello Chaps

I've had my Tuono V4R for nearly a year now. Winter is no time to be riding a bike like that so its in a poly bag and stored away in the garage. I missed riding a bike so I bought me a runaround RC390. I love it! I've had it for a few weeks now, it was an ex demo model, had 400 miles on it, first service was done(?) and has the neon sticker kit. Got it for £3500. When it was delivered it had a flat battery so the Aprilias was used. The shop has since sent me a new one, not lithium though :(. It has had a stalling problem from the off but only when cold i.e. on starting. As soon as theres a bit of warmth in the engine she's fine. Shop said the engine is new and tight and will get better. Don't know if thats boll***s but i'll wait and see.

It's not my first KTM, I had a 990 Superduke. Would have liked a 1290 but just too much money so hence the Tuono.

Thats me, now to the Engine Discussion board.

Simon

Welcome aboard - Glad you love the RC 390 - Unfortunately the stall problem has hindered a few of us RC owners but not all- and you are correct the line your KTM dealer gave you about it is Bull___sh mine was still doing it at 10,000 ks and if anything getting worse- But do not be put off - My fix was installing a Power commander 5 and it is now perfect - taking it back to the shop will be a complete waste of time for a fix - its one of those problems that KTM knows all about it but will not admit or very seldom will find the fix - But all in all you will enjoy the RC go have fun