All NEW 2017 Model Bikes Just Released @ Intermot - OPINIONS?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Here are the New bikes Just Released @ Intermot today.

What do you guys think ?

2017 Ducati Supersport
2017 CBR1000RR
2017 GSX-R 125
2017 GSX-R 1000

ducatisupersport.jpg

2017%20CBR1000RR.jpg

GSX-R125.jpg

2017GSXR1000.jpg

Hekimpd

Besides the Duc, are these manufacturers in a race to make the largest more ugliest can? My God what the hell. Lol!

Diploman

The Ducati exhaust is shapely, discreet and mass-centralized. That is a beautiful bike, IMO. The gigantic cans hanging off both the Honda and the GSX are grotesque and unsightly.

psych0hans

Country flag
The Ducati exhaust is shapely, discreet and mass-centralized. That is a beautiful bike, IMO. The gigantic cans hanging off both the Honda and the GSX are grotesque and unsightly.
I concur, what were these guys thinking putting those ugly hunks of metal there. Completely ruining a perfectly good design.

cornerslider

The last three posts are from what I would consider, the most negative posters on this forum...... You guys all "bag on" the RC390, and then list your bikes for sale? Who in their right mind would buy your bike from you? Some of us on this site actually LIKE our bike, and haven't had ANY issues. I run the hell out of my RC on the track. I put "Engine Ice" in mine, better radiator cap, and a SPAL cooling fan. For those of you that feel you "shouldn't have to do that"....... Well, I don't really feel sorry for you, and don't think you have any right to bitch when your bike overheats/head warps, etc., and your bike is at the dealer for weeks.... You had the information that this a known problem, and chose to put your head in the sand, and ignore it, and hope that KTM will save you.... This is an "entry level", small displacement, high-strung track bike, that kills everything in it's class..... If you want a single cylinder sport bike that will last 20,000 miles with nothing more than an oil change, please consider CBR250R..... PLEASE stop bitching about KTM. You got

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cornerslider

Never mind....... It's not worth the effort. I LOVE my RC390, and got exactly what I paid for, and what I expected. I'm truly sorry for those of you that didn't [emoji20]

chrisdigital21

The last three posts are from what I would consider, the most negative posters on this forum...... You guys all "bag on" the RC390, and then list your bikes for sale? Who in their right mind would buy your bike from you? Some of us on this site actually LIKE our bike, and haven't had ANY issues. I run the hell out of my RC on the track. I put "Engine Ice" in mine, better radiator cap, and a SPAL cooling fan. For those of you that feel you "shouldn't have to do that"....... Well, I don't really feel sorry for you, and don't think you have any right to bitch when your bike overheats/head warps, etc., and your bike is at the dealer for weeks.... You had the information that this a known problem, and chose to put your head in the sand, and ignore it, and hope that KTM will save you.... This is an "entry level", small displacement, high-strung track bike, that kills everything in it's class..... If you want a single cylinder sport bike that will last 20,000 miles with nothing more than an oil change, please consider CBR250R..... PLEASE stop bitching about KTM. You got Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey, My gripe is not with he bike but rather the Dealer and the improper setup by them. Cool ya jets, bro..lol. High Five!

Last edited:

simpletty

Country flag
Hey, My gripe is not with he bike but rater the Dealer and the improper setup by them. Cool ya jets, bro..lol. High Five!

Ive been on both sides of this. It began as a love affair when first bought. It broke and I wanted a divorce. I hated the bike. Bashed it constantly on here and realized what a dickhead I was being, sat back read more and listened to others, lost my one sighted opinion and re-evaluated the reasons I bought the bike. Got it back from the dealer after several weeks then began the slow conversion to track use. It seeemd every little change made significantly improved the bike, each ride made me smile more and more. Finally made it out to the track and absolutely fell back in love with the bike. It's absolutely the most fun I've had on a track ever. Sure I had to upgrade plenty, but that's half the fun. You have a great sense of pride in. All your work and the results of many hours in the garage culminates to glorious fun. Can't wait for the next years race season. The cbr and ninjas don't know I'm coming. I did some recon during the last race of the year, the fastest 300 was turning 1:43. I was out on the last track day of the year turning in the mid to high 1:20's. With my best lap a 1:23. That really shows the potential of this bike, plus it's been 9 years since I set foot on a track. It was kinda fun outrunning a rc8 and most of the 600 cc bikes all day. There is a reason you bought the bike, yes it has its problems but I feel the rewards far outweigh the issues. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

chrisdigital21

Ive been on both sides of this. It began as a love affair when first bought. It broke and I wanted a divorce. I hated the bike. Got it back from the dealer after several weeks then began the slow conversion to track use. Finally made it out to the track and absolutely fell back in love with the bike. It's absolutely the most fun I've had on a track ever. Sure I had to upgrade plenty, but that's half the fun. You have a great sense of pride in. All your work and the results of many hours in the garage culminates to glorious fun. Can't wait for the next years race season. The cbr and ninjas don't know I'm coming. I did some recon during the last race of the year, the fastest 300 was turning 1:43. I was out on the last track day of the year turning in the mid to high 1:20's. With my best lap a 1:23. That really shows the potential of this bike, plus it's been 9 years since I set foot on a track. It was kinda fun outrunning a rc8 and most of the 600 cc bikes all day. There is a reason you bought the bike, yes it has its problems but I feel the rewards far outweigh the issues. Just my 2 cents
I love the RC390. Most fun I have had on a bike in 20yrs.

stevieboy

Country flag
The last three posts are from what I would consider, the most negative posters on this forum...... You guys all "bag on" the RC390, and then list your bikes for sale? Who in their right mind would buy your bike from you? Some of us on this site actually LIKE our bike, and haven't had ANY issues. I run the hell out of my RC on the track. I put "Engine Ice" in mine, better radiator cap, and a SPAL cooling fan. For those of you that feel you "shouldn't have to do that"....... Well, I don't really feel sorry for you, and don't think you have any right to bitch when your bike overheats/head warps, etc., and your bike is at the dealer for weeks.... You had the information that this a known problem, and chose to put your head in the sand, and ignore it, and hope that KTM will save you.... This is an "entry level", small displacement, high-strung track bike, that kills everything in it's class..... If you want a single cylinder sport bike that will last 20,000 miles with nothing more than an oil change, please consider CBR250R..... PLEASE stop bitching about KTM. You got

My bike is in great shape with low miles. Why not buy it? Just because it doesn't fit in to what I want from a bike? That's silly. And if I had known all the minuses beforehand I probably would have kept the Aprilia and Yamaha I sold/traded to get one. I bought mine for the street. Entry level or not I don't think you should have to spend thousands of dollars to make the bike "decent". However if you want to spend the money feel free. I thought a forum was for hearing both sides of the equation?

Last edited: