Anybody got a 2016 yet?

cornerslider

I ordered my 2016 last September..... My dealer has been saying "any day now", since February. I've never owned a KTM before, is this normal? Most manufactures get their bikes out in January-February. Getting impatient, I've got a (pre-paid) track day in three weeks, and still don't have my bike yet. Does KTM always release this late in the year, or is this something new?

stevieboy

Country flag
My local dealer got two RC's last year and cannot get enough to keep up with demand. A dealer two hours away got like a dozen and was blowing them out for $4700.00. I think the bikes are hard to come by and the dealer allocations are based on overall sales-the guy who sells a bunch of dirt bikes gets more RS's even if he doesn't need them. It seems silly but? Are you planning on following KTM's break in schedule while you are doing the track riding?

cornerslider

My local dealer got two RC's last year and cannot get enough to keep up with demand. A dealer two hours away got like a dozen and was blowing them out for $4700.00. I think the bikes are hard to come by and the dealer allocations are based on overall sales-the guy who sells a bunch of dirt bikes gets more RS's even if he doesn't need them. It seems silly but? Are you planning on following KTM's break in schedule while you are doing the track riding?

I hope to be off of work very soon. I'm planning on breaking it in on the street. Im thinking 2-3 days of riding, drop the oil, and check the valves, and head to the track. Worst case scenario, I ride my wife's CBR250R, but I'd rather noe-

Treachery

Country flag
I think mine came in about this time last year, but I didn't pick it up until closer to the end of April.

Just a data point.

cornerslider

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm just not very patient when I'm getting a new toy............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cornerslider

I've never owned a KTM before. I'm REALLY disappointed in their delivery dates so far.... I hope it's worth the wait? I placed my order in September 2015, and was told I'd get the first one that comes in. I sold my old track bike two months ago (based on the information I was given). Yet, I honestly don't blame my dealer. I've been buying bikes from this same dealer for 25+ years...... This is just my first KTM purchase... Not sure if I'll ever be buying another "new" KTM based on this experience? Is anybody out there as irritated by this as I am?

Ryanthegreat1

I've never owned a KTM before. I'm REALLY disappointed in their delivery dates so far.... I hope it's worth the wait? I placed my order in September 2015, and was told I'd get the first one that comes in. I sold my old track bike two months ago (based on the information I was given). Yet, I honestly don't blame my dealer. I've been buying bikes from this same dealer for 25+ years...... This is just my first KTM purchase... Not sure if I'll ever be buying another "new" KTM based on this experience? Is anybody out there as irritated by this as I am?

I will probably never buy another KTM. Was really stupid of them to cut so many corners on their entry level bike. Really tarnished the brand for me.

Idgit-Galoot

Country flag
I put money down for a 2015 in December of 2014, my dealer gave me the same run around of "any day now." Mine didn't show up until June 2015. They didn't even call me, I just happened to walk in there one day to find my bike sitting on the showroom without a sold sign on it!

DeathFromAbove

Yea, I've been down this road many times before so I'm not holding my breath on that promised delivery time frame (or quality of the bike for that matter). Anytime before end of June would be a bonus for me.

stevieboy

Country flag
If one were a conspiracy theorist one could say that due to the high volume of warranty claims delivery of the bikes could be manipulated to insure maximum non-riding time in warranty period. Non conspiracy theorists would counter with the yearly weather cycle being relatively constant so riding time should be the same but either front loaded or back loaded. Of course then the conspiracy folk would throw in global warming and it would all go right out the window. I have too much free time on my hands due to the wait for parts and warranty service. Coincidence?

CAZHEREDIA

I will probably never buy another KTM. Was really stupid of them to cut so many corners on their entry level bike. Really tarnished the brand for me.

even tho KTM stepped up and honored my warranty and is replacing my engine with a 0 mile engine, I FEEL THE SAME WAY.

Sad and disappointed to say the least.

KTM motoX bikes are so good, I cant believe the street bike pales in comparison!

Hekimpd

A lot has to do with who you deal with as far as the dealer. I've have received nothing but top notch help and service from Spykes ktm in Indiana. No, I'm not getting paid to promote them, but if you have a good shop to go to when you have problems, it's easier to palett when things go wrong.

Also, this forum is outstanding for help. So, with the bugs this bike has, still hands down its worth it imho. Now, if they would make a rc690!!!

OldVet

I to have an awesome dealer to work with but they don't even like to work on these poor quality KTM's made in India. I've been lucky so far and haven't had any issues other than a few bolts/nuts loosening up.

OldVet

Aren't all 390s made in India?

As far as I know yes.

I was referring to the 390's which I wouldn't purchase again as long as it is made in India.

I would however purchase any of the other KTM's that aren't made in India as they are well made.