Anybody got a 2016 yet?

Fasteddy

Country flag
I read the Visordown article; wonder if the wider mirrors can be retrofitted.

Yes, it appears the mirror pod is the only part that has been changed, They are not available as a valid part number in the US but can be found online.
90512041044 MIRROR ARM RIGHT CPL. 1
90512040044 MIRROR ARM LEFT CPL. 1

DeathFromAbove

Just picked up my '16. :)

Looks a lot like a '15...guess we didn't get any updates. Dunno about that slipper clutch though, how can you tell?

First thing it did was overheat lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 333

Fasteddy

Country flag
Congratulations!

Can you post a pic looking straight on at the front? it appears to have the revised mirrors.

To see if it has a slipper 'CAREFULLY' down shift from 3rd to 1st and let the clutch out while going straight on good dry surface and see if it starts to lockup / hop rear wheel. Again , if you have not experienced wheel hop / lockup from down shifts you may want to avoid this direct of a test.

Fasteddy

Country flag
Same with the mirrors, only change I can spot from 'DFA's pics is the end of the rear brake pedal is silver rather then black....

tecknojoe

Country flag
Is the front rotor still 300 or upgraded to 320?

DeathFromAbove did you check the title to make sure they didn't pull a fast one on you :D

stevieboy

Country flag
Better snap 'em up. I predict that these will become collectors items when all the problems cause KTM to drop it from the line!!

Fasteddy

Country flag
Better snap 'em up. I predict that these will become collectors items when all the problems cause KTM to drop it from the line!!

With Bajaj owning 47% I am more thinking that I should buy a 1290 R SD before it becomes acollectors item...

Seth

Country flag
The US will not see this updated version until 2017 or 2018 . Why, because the RC get Beta testing in the streets of Mumbi to try to work out the kinks before sending the bikes to USA. I think India started with a 2013 model RC.

ray

India gets the 2016 with Slipper Clutch and DRLs. The overhauled 2016 is supposed to be for exports. I guess UK/US should get it in a few months.

cornerslider

I just spoke with my local dealer. They are telling my the 2016's are about 15 days out. I REALLY want to believe them, but they told me "end of February" before..... It sounded like they are being held up in US customs (at least that's what they told me). I guess I'd feel better if I at least knew what I was getting? The rumor mill around the internet is like nothing I've ever seen before. Hopefully, it's worth the wait-