cl race brake pads from ktm performance
fork sliders form ktm performance
g2 quick turn throttle from mnnthbx
driven halo clip ons from hard racing
china adjustable shorty levers
new renthal grips
new brake fluid

blaaam!

i might also get abs bypass lines, but i wanna see how the changes feel first.

tecknojoe

Country flag
powerparts 300mm wave rotor
cl race brake pads
g2 quick turn throttle
driven halo clip ons

I'm glad to see you bought some high quality shit. You'll be happy when you have your first crash, and we swap out your Driven clip on bar for a spare in under 10 minutes. Ask me how I know this :)

big_sur

i got the powerparts 300mm wave rotor from ktm performance
cl race brake pads from ktm performance
fork sliders form ktm performance
g2 quick turn throttle from mnnthbx
driven halo clip ons from hard racing
china adjustable shorty levers
new renthal grips
new brake fluid

blaaam!

i might also get abs bypass lines, but i wanna see how the changes feel first.

Damn, you went shopping, nice work!

I'd go ahead and get the lines. It's a lot of work to take the ABS stuff out, but I did that and pads at the same time and it was a massive improvement. The rotor helped with feel but pads\lines was a bigger overall change. You probably rip out 8ft of brake line getting rid of ABS.

unicorn_violence

Damn, you went shopping, nice work!

I'd go ahead and get the lines. It's a lot of work to take the ABS stuff out, but I did that and pads at the same time and it was a massive improvement. The rotor helped with feel but pads\lines was a bigger overall change. You probably rip out 8ft of brake line getting rid of ABS.

i was thinking on it, but i'm still worried about locking up the front given my lack of experience. i will say though that i don't think ive ever felt the front brake abs kick on during racing

big_sur

IMO ABS hurts more than helps on the track. The only times I went off track on my Super Duke were because I forgot to turn off the ABS and it kicked in and increased my stopping distance dramatically.

unicorn_violence

IMO ABS hurts more than helps on the track. The only times I went off track on my Super Duke were because I forgot to turn off the ABS and it kicked in and increased my stopping distance dramatically.

dang. well i might just have to grow some cojones and go for it then! i'm definitely trying to achieve two finger braking so that might be the best way.

unicorn_violence

so i started installing the new parts today. istarted with putting on the driven clip ons from hard racing. at the same time i installed a g2 throttle from mnnthbx. the difference is huge and i cant wait to see how it feels on the track. i also pre drilled my other bars for when the inevitable happens and i need to replace the bars quickly.
a3B6huU.jpg

7x5is8x.jpg

i just got my bike back from getting some decals done from a fellow racer. as you can tell by the pics, it's pink! unfortunately my mother got diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time very recently. i wanted to do something to honor her, so i decided to deck out the bike in pink and ribbons. it turned out great, and put a huge smile on her face, so i think its a win!

WuBbmLb.jpg

8hp6Vnb.jpg

al0eRar.jpg

unicorn_violence

then i also installed the powerparts rotor and cl brake pads from ktm performance. the install was pretty easy. now its playing the waiting game untill the new levers come from china. then i'll be doing a full brake fluid flush and seat the new pads (both of those i have never done before:eek:) once thats done i will hopefully do some testing at the track before next race weekend.
UbRO2wx.jpg

CLlgSkR.jpg

i did get a chance to ride around the block with the new clipons, and i'm not sure if i have them too close to the body of the bike, or if its something im just not use to yet. the angle is definitely way different from the stock bars, but im sure its a good thing

B4WtG0S.jpg