Can the stock ECU be remapped/Dyno tuned?

Zigoron

Hey guys, I want to do some performance mods on my '17 RC390 and I was wondering weather the stock ECU can be remapped or should I a piggyback(dont prefer) like powertronics or should I buy any after market ECU's. Please suggest some good after market ECU's as well.
Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Chuditch

Hi there, I went through this same deal recently. I have a 2017 and I know of a outfit who says they flashed the 2015 RC. Google ecuwest and you can see their Dyno results.

I thought it over and realised that the reason that piggy backs are so popular are because should you want to go back to stock, you just unplug the PCV or whatever unit you use. Once your ECU is flashed, you have to go back to the dude you got the flash from and if they are nice they will flash it back to stock (for a price).

Piggy backs like the PCV are popular for many reasons, most dynotuners can tune your bike using the PCV so any where you go you can get it retuned as you change your bike... Exhaust change etc.

Go with a PCV. I suggest looking for Chad (cjwell) here on the forums or contact him through KTM performance/Commonwealth motorcycles also here on the forums.

He is a good guy to chat to, he put up with my endless stream of idiot questions.

Last edited: