Cannot go to 1st gear after rotating the clutch lever

hyperchris

Hi everyone, this is my first post and unfortunately it is a tech issue :p

My RC (2017) was bought new and it works pretty well. Today I wanted to rotate the clutch lever downwards a little to fit my hand pose better. So I loosen the level’s screw, rotate the lever a little, and tighten the screw. Then I found I couldn't go to the first gear no matter how I press the gear pedal and whether I hold the clutch or not. I can do upshift to 2,3,4, but I cannot press down from neutral to 1st. Both the lever and the gear pedal feel loose compared with their previous states.

Then I rotated the clutch lever back to its original position, but the issue is still there. Maybe I activated some forbidden black magic… What’s the possible cause and how can I solve it? Thanks a lot!

hyperchris

Wow this indeed works, thanks! Why does this happen? I also notice that when the bike rides in gear, there is some noise going near the gearbox (no such noise previously). Is it because the clutch plates are not fully combined?

hyperchris

The issue happens when the bike stands still. When I roll it forward it I can go to gears again (according to mattv's suggestion)... When I ride it again there's no such issue anymore. Wired...

Metals 907

Not totally wierd, but the part about gear box noise.... Does it make noise while you coast in neutral? ( clutch in/out )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk