Diagnostic tools (OBD and laptops)

Andy

Country flag
Is anyone on here using a OBD2 diagnostic tool, if so what type and is a specific cable required?

Another one as well is there a laptop based OBD tool that will work with the RC and again is there a specific USB to OBD port cable?

Thanks for the help

Andy

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk

John390

I have an OBD2 - KTM cable with a Bluetooth adapter. This lets me run Torque on my phone and diagnose/datalog my bike.

I also run Rapidbike Evo, and it has a few goodies for monitoring the engine, but it has to be plugged into the laptop. So either on the dyno, or only at idle with that one.

Andy

Country flag
I’ve got Rapidbike on already, I wanted a OBD tool but unsure as to what to get either a stand alone unit, PC variant or possibly Bluetooth (I have an old I-Phone in my toolbox for photos and Healtech app). Just something so I can read codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom

After riding in some heavy rain I have a check engine light. Are the KTM error codes specific to KTM bikes, or can any obd/obd2 reader pull the codes? I guess what I'm asking is if I get an connector that I can plug my scan too into, will the codes actually make sense or would they be generic codes that I would have to guess where the fault is?

I found that one of the bolts on my kick stand is missing and the remaining one was almost completely backed out. I thought I was going to be stuck at work lol. I noticed the sheath for the kickstand sensor's cables looks to be sliced into, but I havent checked the wires inside. I'm assuming one of the wires could be crushed/cut, but I would think this would make the bike constantly think the kickstand is down, if the circuit was broken.

Tom

Took the dive and decided to cut away the rest of the sheath for the kickstand's wires. Looks like there's a pink wire in there that is almost completely severed from being crushed so badly....

It seems like they had the guy with the biggest forearms at the factory, bundle and ziptie the wires the day my bike way made; but had the anemic guy do all the torquing of the bolts. =(

I'm scared to think of what other components are in a potentially unsafe condition on this bike.

Last edited:

Tom

Hooray!!! I successfully thread jacked Andy, and fixed my check engine light! Soldered the pink wire and im good to go. Not to mention completely coated the kickstand bolts in thread locker.

MajorRE

Country flag
I'm also curious what adapter people are using to connect an OBD2 to the specific KTM port under the seat?