Disassembly the forks`

EdL

Disassembling the forks`

Hi all,

I thought I would give the andreani fork kit installation a try myself. I have drained fork oil, removed the outer tube from the inner. Now I'm looking at the inner tube cap. Is this cap screwed on? When removing the bottom mounts from the inner tube, are these normally threaded or reverse threaded?

thanks,

Ed

Last edited:

EdL

Yea, I thought so too. I remember someone telling me about that but I wasn't sure. Well I'm going to send it to the shop ... I'm running out of time before the next trackday. Here's what the forks look like right now. 20170313_203015_001.jpg20170313_203033.jpg

RDAlphaRider

Do the caps need to be removed at all, or just the tube from bottom mounts? Seems like removing the caps is just an extra step if the tube has to come off anyway...

mdabyo

Country flag
So i just took my forks apart tonight. Yes the caps have to come off and so does the bottom, but the above post is incorrect, the bottom of the fork is NOT reverse threaded. I fought with that for a while before i realized this was incorrect.

I followed this video, even though its not in english is pretty close to the RC390.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pae_825u2bk&app=desktop

CDN Duke

Country flag
Bottom mounts, the fork ends at the axle, are reverse threaded.

So i just took my forks apart tonight. Yes the caps have to come off and so does the bottom, but the above post is incorrect, the bottom of the fork is NOT reverse threaded. I fought with that for a while before i realized this was incorrect.

I followed this video, even though its not in english is pretty close to the RC390.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pae_825u2bk&app=desktop

Ugh, my mistake - I struggled with mine, and deferred completion of the work as I was planning to borrow proper tool for another attempt. I had found that reference here I thought, I'll correct my post above, sorry for the inconvenience!