Dry Sump

guzz46

Yep, there's a hidden button you have to hold for about 5 seconds to turn it off, you just have to do that every time you turn the bike on.

TZMike

if you buy a set of steel braided brake lines the ABS can be easily bypassed. But I wonder if the bike's software will have a problem with the missing system.

How are the brakes now that you have ridden the bike a few times?

guzz46

Some people have said the RC has the same brake lines as the Dukes, which apparently are braided, except the RC has some kind of rubber cover over them, but the thing that would worry me is if the bikes software commits error logs about the missing ABS which show up when you get the bike serviced and they plug in the KTM diagnostic tool, you could always pull the fuse for the ABS if you don't like manually turning it off all the time, but I don't know if it would cause any error logs or warranty issues though, and it obviously wouldn't save any weight.

The brakes were a bit average on the first ride, but they're great now, plenty of power, powerful enough to easily lift the back end off the ground, to the point where I would have to move back in the seat when braking if I wanted to stop any quicker, but moving away from the handlebars and tank feels kind of wrong, maybe because I'm not used to it?
They don't have the same ferocious bite that the Brembo's on my husky have, they have a more progressive bite, squeeze them a bit to stop, squeeze them a little bit more to stop quickly, but I think bite is more of a personal preference thing, but they definitely aren't lacking in the power department, they only thing I changed was the powerparts adjustable brake lever to bring the lever further away from the bar, and I always ride with the ABS off.